3 months ago
Amazon is seeking a talented, experienced and driven Senior PR Manager to lead the UK Amazon Entertainment PR Team for a 9-12 month period as a maternity cover.
The successful candidate will be responsible for heading up the team who deliver the proactive communication of our digital content services including: Prime Video and our award winning original and exclusive content and Amazon Music (incorporating Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music) in the UK. The candidate will be expected to deliver on objectives for outlined key priorities in the period.
Working within the EMEA Amazon Entertainment PR Team, you will also work closely with our international colleagues at Amazon Studios, Prime Video and Amazon Music. You will refine and deliver the PR strategy for our digital content services for the UK, promoting our position in the entertainment industry through innovative campaigns, events, projects and regular communication with an established network of industry and media contacts, and then report results to senior executives.
· Act as a PR business partner to Amazon entertainment category leadership teams across key areas, delivering deliver strategic communications counsel to internal executives on both short and long term challenges and opportunities
· Lead the team of UK Amazon Entertainment PR Managers and supporting agencies to implementation and report results on PR strategies and campaigns for Amazon Prime Video, the in-house productions of Amazon Studios and Amazon Music.
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
· Proactive communication of new products and services.
· Proactive and reactive media relations in conjunction with the public relations department; effectively represent Amazon as spokesperson
· Creation and maintenance of a network of important media contacts
· Budget management and reporting
· Close co-operation with fellow PR associates from across Europe and worldwide as well as international colleagues
· Close co-operation with PR associations from other categories in order to deliver the broader Amazon stories
· Consumer entertainment PR expert - a demonstrated feel for what works for a brand and a strong contact book
· Tactically aware - knowledgeable about what’s going on in the media and on the site and able to marry the two at short notice for maximum PR benefit
· Strategic and creative- ensuring that PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages while being fun and thinking big
· Proactive in the extreme - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
· Organised - able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while managing essential admin work
· Leadership - able to inspire agencies to deliver and demonstrate responsibility for PR to senior managers
· Adaptable - able to work in a corporate environment
· Minimum of 10 years of public relations experience
· Have excellent written and oral communications skills
· Expertise in entertainment PR initiatives
· University degree required
· High business acuity
· Be a team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Have an existing network of mainstream consumer reporters
· Possess an outstanding attention to detail
· Have a strong bias for action and high standards