6 months ago
Senior Product Manager, Core Lending Products - London
Senior Product Manager, Core Lending Products - London
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Manager to join our Corporate Product Team.
As a Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for supporting in the management of our core lending products, principally Overdraft and Term Lending. In this role you will identify and Manage key risks in the portfolio, including regulatory and residual issues, contributing towards regulatory submissions and tracking for regulatory changes or new regulation that may impact the immediate product set. You will Support the wider team with key projects focusing on Lending Terms and Conditions, Facility Letters and Factsheets. You will be required to Input and review of a number of items including DDPs, sales process and product pricing reviews.
Our Corporate Product Team are responsible for managing the core lending range of products for the Santander UK Corporate Banking franchise, focused on mid-market and corporate clients with turnover up to £500m.
In addition, as part of a team which operates across the wider Santander Corporate Bank and internal stakeholders, the role will offer you the opportunity to gain wider experience of Corporate Banking through engagement with other teams across the Bank.
Our strategy is to grow customer numbers and primacy by providing services that meet their day to day and development needs as broadly and as often as possible, including event driven finance, tailored financing solutions to meet client needs and deepen relationships.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Contributing to the marketing strategy for a range of core lending products which will deliver business targets
* Leading the enhancements to existing and delivery of new propositions to achieve acquisition targets supported through development of commercial and insight driven business cases
* Regulatory agenda and reviews where documentation reviews and process flows to be mapped and best practise
* Establishing strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including front line sales and relationship teams, brand & communications, compliance, legal, IT & finance and SGCB sales tea
* Full ownership of a group of core lending products, tracked via a complete balanced scorecard to monitor P&L performance
* Identifying and delivering initiatives to support achievement of acquisition performance specifically focussed on core lending
Ideally, as a candidate for this role you will have:
* Sound knowledge and experience gained in a financial services environment with experience in product management/development desirable but not essential
* Experience in business case development with the ability to develop complex business cases and pricing proposals, presenting a clear proposition and financial benefits.
* Strong commercial acumen with an in-depth understanding of all financials relating to a specific product (revenue, margins, profit)
* Strong influencing skills, developed and refined through experience of business case and proposition development
* Understanding of key marketing principles - ability to competently apply a range of marketing principles and practices and able to coach & develop others in techniques
* With an overview of the process improvement agenda you will need to have working knowledge of product set and customer journey end to end including sales process and Quality Assurance.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our office is located in Ulster Terrace, Regents Park, London
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.