Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: Circa £50,000 p.a.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Organisation is committed to making IT good for society. They use the power of their network to bring about positive, tangible change. They champion the global IT profession and the interests of individuals, engaged in that profession, for the benefit of all.
They are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join their Education department, for a permanent opportunity working full-time from their Swindon offices, close to the town centre and key transport links.
Management of and responsibility for the Education product and services portfolio ensuring products and services are defined, developed and rolled out successfully to deliver growth, reach, revenue and profit targets.
Ownership of their strategic product partner relationships that relate to the Education portfolio.
Management of the Education Product Management Team (Product managers and developers), their objectives and activities to ensure they have a cohesive, relevant and profitable product strategy defined to support the delivery of their strategic goals, including those around growth, reach, revenue and profit.
· Create and own the 3-year IT Product Plan for Education in conjunction with any direct reports within Education to ensure agreed growth, reach, revenue and profit goals are met
· Continually review the commercial viability of the existing product set to ensure it maximises growth opportunities in the marketplace
· Create and evaluate business cases for development activity for new or existing products
· Set appropriate KPIs with the partner and be accountable for all performance activity reporting based on these KPIs, both internally and externally to the product partner
· Own the product development process for Education, ensuring development is completed within agreed timescales, budgets and processes for development and assessment
· Manage the product marketing elements of customer focus, pricing, packaging, prioritisation and sales enablement (promotion, tools etc.) working in conjunction with other relevant departments
· Partner management also includes co-ordinating the relevant product partnership governance and the company’s resources to deliver key partnership activities including the following and to be the central point of contact for these activities
o Strategy discussions and overall partner plan
o Contract negotiations in conjunction with relevant Director, Product manager and Sourcing Manager
o Product implementations
o Operational activities
o Marketing plan activities
· Educated to degree level or equivalent
· Significant experience of working with the Education market at different levels e.g. Schools, FE, HE
· Knowledge of Ofsted regulations and IT academic product development
· Demonstrable experience and a track record of success in Product Management, marketing or Sales & Services
· Significant experience negotiating commercial and contractual terms successfully
· Significant experience of developing and assessing the viability of business cases, budgets and plans
· Significant experience of product development and delivery management of qualifications within a regulated marketplace
· Significant experience of managing and tracking budgets
· Significant experience of managing effective and highly performing teams
· Significant experience of motivating, leading teams under an organisation/departmental strategy
· General knowledge across a broad range of IT related areas
· Knowledge of the Education marketplace in particular the qualifications market
· Understanding of Awarding Organisations; funding and the regulated marketplace (e.g. Ofqual, ESFA, DfE etc)
· Offsite visits to London office, clients, partners, suppliers and presenting at external events may be required
· Some out of hours working may be required
· Training and development will be provided to help all staff realise their potential
· 23 days annual leave plus a paid day off for birthdays and Christmas shutdown
· Up to 10 days study leave
· Relevant professional fees paid for
· Contributory pension scheme
· Life assurance
· Active social club
· Flexible working
The Organisation is committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and their policies are designed to ensure their recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
In the event that they receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, they may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from them within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates with experience of: Product Development Manager, Marketing and Sales Manager, Product Development Coordinator, Senior Product Manager, Product Manager, Product Coordinator, Commercial Project Manager, Production Planner, Project Planner, Production Planning Manager, Senior Marketing Product Manager, Product Market Strategist may also be considered for this role.