10 days ago
Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst – 12 Months FTC – London
Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst – 12 Months FTC – London
Turn big plans for your career into action
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst to join us in London. The role holder will be part of the methodology team who are responsible for the development of risk methodologies used across the wider risk department. This role will sit within Quantitative Risk Group and will focus on market risk and credit risk methodologies.
You will be part of the methodology team who are responsible for the development of valuation in resolution capabilities as required by the EU Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive and the Bank of England’s Statement of Policy on valuation capabilities to support resolvability.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Developing or supporting within scope of the Valuations requirements.
* End to end development of models including initial scope, data gathering, determining appropriate methodological solution, coding and implementation, documentation and supporting the internal approval process for use.
* Providing guidance, when needed, to more junior members of the team.
* Working closely with the Market Risk and Front Office teams to provide quantitative support and practical solutions in a timely manner.
* Collaborating and liaising with the internal validation team.
* Translating technical details into real life issues; understandable to senior management.
* Writing technical documents describing the methodologies used.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Quantitative skill set with ability to apply, challenge and enhanced proposed methodologies. Significant modelling experience required, scoping and delivering under tight deadlines.
* Demonstrable programming skills (QRM, Python, R) are essential.
* An excellent theoretical understanding of valuation models, financial derivatives and associated pricing methods as well as forecasting and macro-economic models.
* In-depth knowledge of on and off-balance sheet products in both retail and commercial lending businesses, as well as the bank’s balance sheet structure and basic accounting principles.
* Minimum Master level degree in mathematics/econometrics/engineering or other technical subject. PhD would be advantageous.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.