7 months ago
In an NHS that is constantly changing, GPonline.com acts as a vital forum for UK GPs, providing daily news and analysis plus practical advice and information to help them in their day-to-day roles.
As a senior reporter, your central role is the gathering of news and creation of high quality, engaging content to help GPs improve their personal effectiveness and the performance of their practices.
GPonline covers all areas of a GP’s life from financial to clinical and we produce a lot of data driven news, so you should be adaptable and confident in dealing with statistics.
- Aim to identify and deliver exclusive news and content opportunities wherever possible.
- Develop and maintain a network of key contacts as a basis for news and information gathering.
- Ensure the best possible presentation of all content, using digital tools and skills such as data visualisation.
- Generate ideas for new content to meet the news, information and guidance needs of GPs.
- Use web analytics to systematically review and improve your coverage.
- Make use of social media to promote your content and ensure GP is appropriately represented.
- Commission and edit content from external contributors when necessary.
We’re looking for someone with at least two year’s experience as a journalist, which includes working in an online environment. You should be familiar with working with a CMS and using online tools to effectively create engaging content.
Experience of reporting on the healthcare sector is not essential, but you must have a keen interest in politics and policy and a desire to learn about the ins and outs of the NHS.
Ideally you will have some experience of data journalism and understand how social media can be used to enhance news coverage.
Apply for this job