3 months ago
Position Title: Senior Research Analyst
The Senior Research Analyst will help develop the Commercial team’s business by executing marketing research studies for our clients. They will be responsible for compiling, analyzing and interpreting marketing research data, writing client will support all aspects of the commercial team including client development relationships and provide strategic consulting on innovation, in driving revenue by delivering excellent project work that will result in repeat business with our clients.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills, and enjoys working with both quantitative and qualitative information.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for generating value-added analyses of syndicated and custom advertising performance data to support on-going and ad hoc client business decisions. In particular, the Research Analyst will be responsible for compiling analysis results into a coherent narrative and turning the numbers into stories our clients can understand. Together with the Research Lead and Commercial Account Managers, the Senior Research Analyst will develop creative insight recommendations to help clients optimize their advertising investment.
The Senior Research Analyst is responsible for executing day-to-day project related tasks. The successful candidate will have experience mining research data and drawing meaningful insights that deliver first level conclusions/recommendations. The role requires a strategic thinker who can cut through the clutter of information and identify the key findings that will answer client business questions, as well as asking and answering strategic questions from research outcomes. The role will support senior staff as needed and may also act as liaison with operations and third-party suppliers.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Ensure that all major content marketing proposals are supported by post campaign analysis collated from insights and analytics
* Be a key contributor for Content Marketing RFI Ideation
* May oversee and therefore be responsible for any research intern/work experience placements within the team, in conjunction with the Head of Creative Services.
* Identify key pressure points within the research and content marketing function which the intern/work experience placements can assist with
* Create a timetable of check-in points (ideally weekly) with the intern/work experience placements to ensure progress is monitored and being made.
* Ensure there is a planned programme of projects for the intern/work experience placements to work on so that they are developing and adding value to the business also
* Accountable for input, completion and quality control of the workflow requirements
* Coordinate and manages data collection analysis and interpretation (including mining data)
* Conduct statistical analysis and write entry level reports
* Examine key trends and findings within data files using statistical software and methodology
* Develop questionnaires with guidance, based upon client specifications
* Update questionnaires as needed to fulfil study objectives
* Revise project guidelines to reflect client requests throughout project design and process
* Resolve project issues in a timely and appropriate manner
* Communicate regularly with project team members to ensure all information is accurate and complete
* Maintain integrity of quality of work through checking table, testing surveys, etc.
* Create in-depth research analyses though hands-on exploration of complex syndicated database; decide on the correct analytic approach(es)
* Perform data extracts to deliver appropriate data (using syndicated studies)
* Analyze, mine and interpret syndicated and custom data and determine the “why” of the results; prepare the “story” using charts/graphs in MS Office
* Prepare scheduled and custom client-ready reports using PowerPoint
* Work as part of a team to create research solutions.
* Initiate discussion / raise questions with manager when elements of the data are inconsistent with prior findings or expectations.
* Ensure best practises are learned, shared and implemented across the business so that we are working as One Reuters. Collaboration with the wider Reuters Marketing team is key.
* All other duties as assigned
Develop strong relationships with Sales Account Management team, Content Studio, Sales Planners and Finance across EMEA and APAC, and where necessary the US.
Identify and develop relationships across the Thomson Reuters family, liaising with individuals which could help strengthen our research proposition, for example Thomson Reuters Labs / Marketing team on News Agency.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
* Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
* Experience with statistical analytics software and tools.
* Enjoys working with both quantitative and qualitative information.
* Previous experience providing analysis of customer and market insight through data analytics as well as primary and secondary market research and analysis of the marketplace, customer, and competition.
* Experience exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Experience using professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
* Team player
* Proven knowledge of the UK / EMEA advertising landscape
* Experience of working in a high pressure fast moving sales environment
* Experience of working for a media publisher / owner desired
* Passion for content marketing and experience of fueling ideation process through insight and data desired
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.