2 months ago
Senior Risk Analyst – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Senior Risk Analyst – Permanent – Milton Keynes
South East England
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Risk Analyst to join us in Milton Keynes, where you will be involved in managing and delivering projects totalling £m’s benefit per annum.
Risk is now firmly at the heart of every single financial services company, and that's where you'll be when you join the team. Helping to manage risk for one of the UK’s leading challenger banks is an exciting and rewarding place to develop your risk management skills. It's also a great place to advance your career.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Ensuring most appropriate policies and controls are in place and working as required to deliver sustainable business profitability and growth.
* Creating a partnership with key business areas, ensuring input to and influence over business decisions.
* Ensuring that major incidents and issues, both realised and potential, are identified quickly and escalated immediately.
* Creating understanding and stakeholder buy-in to Risk objectives and priorities.
* Providing technical guidance to other analysts and also support to senior management within the team.
Minimum skills and experience required
* You will have a good educational background with a degree in a numerical subject.
* You must be highly analytical and have a high standard of attention to detail. Experience analysing volume data is desirable.
* Proven experience of successfully delivering on complex tasks and initiatives.
* Demonstrable track record in a statistical analysis role of similar complexity and scale, with technical experience using SAS or SQL desired but not essential.
* Sound knowledge of Credit Risk and the credit industry.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence key stakeholders and to communicate technical complexity to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.