3 months ago
Join the number 1 global insurance brand, as a Senior Risk Pricing Analyst and develop your career with a world leader.
The UK personal intermediary market is one of the most competitive and advanced insurance markets in the world and profitable growth of personal lines business forms a key part of AXA UK strategic plans.
As the market moves towards new Risk Pricing techniques, AXA as a market leader is seeking to invest in its Data Science capability. We recognise the value that strong technical capability can bring, and in this role, you will form part of our continued journey to enhance our pricing sophistication and take it to a whole new level.
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Advertised from: 7th January 2019
Advertised to: 7th February 2019
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Pricing Analyst, you will work closely with the wider Pricing and Underwriting teams to deliver upon pricing projects and new initiatives. You will be responsible for developing Risk Pricing models to help price effectively and reduce turnaround time, creating models using machine learning and/ or other new techniques. You will use your expertise to answer data questions by using appropriate statistical techniques and communicate findings to stakeholders.
* Explore other datasets (external/internal) which can help to price more effectively and improve model quality
* Work along with other data scientists/ Risk Pricing analysts in AXA Group to explore other methodologies/ database which can be of interest
* Reinforce the culture and core values of Risk Pricing team through appropriate behaviours and actions
To be successful in this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
* 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
* Experience in Risk Pricing for P&C Insurance (Motor/ Home experience is preferable)
* Knowledge of Emblem, Radar
* Knowledge of a language with strong stats support (R, Python)
* Experience developing and evaluating machine learning models
* Experience developing algorithms
* Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
* Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. We’ve been recognised as one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
What We Offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* 28 days annual leave
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
* Share Plan Scheme
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare.