9 months ago
Overview: Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks an experienced, high-judgment, and self-motivated Public Relations (PR) professional to head up its communications program across Europe, Middle East, and Africa focusing on compliance, data protection, privacy, and security. The role includes owning all of the fundamental elements of a PR program including messaging and support the launch process of new AWS security services, features, programs, and partnerships in the region. It also includes maximizing positive coverage and awareness of AWS’s unmatched approach to data privacy and security and working with customers and partners to tell their success stories to the business community.
The right candidate is a proven leader working in the compliance, data protection, privacy, and security space with extensive media relations and social media experience. They will also be an expert at writing PR materials, including news releases and customer success stories, an expert in handling crisis communications, with the ability to exercise high-judgment while acting quickly, as well as having a proven track record of leading events with success.
The EMEA Compliance, Data Protection, Privacy, and Security PR Manager for AWS partners with the global AWS compliance and security teams. The role also works closely with the EMEA leadership and PR team and is a trusted voice for them on all topics concerning compliance, data protection, privacy, and security. This role will also work closely with the AWS global PR/AR team and marketing to help develop messaging, communication strategies and plans, and is an integral member of Amazon’s corporate communications team.
The ideal candidate is motivated by working in a team or on their own in a highly creative and dynamic culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. In this role, the candidate will work with AWS customers who are innovating in their own businesses through the use of technology, helping them to effectively showcase their results so that others can learn from their efforts. This role can be based in London, Paris, Luxembourg, or Munich and the successful candidate will be required to travel across EMEA and to the US.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in EMEA, and around the world, with customers ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations.
Your Professional Challenges:
- Develop and run the AWS compliance, data protection, privacy, and security communications program in EMEA
- Drive AWS news/media relations activities locally
- Innovate launch processes that align with a dynamic, pioneering cloud business
- Manage news-related business and feature press opportunities
- Align news-related social media activities with marketing
- Develop and successfully manage relationships with key media, technology bloggers, and AWS customers
- Lead compliance, data protection, privacy, and security events and manage local PR agency teams
- Train, certify, and develop AWS spokespeople, ensuring that they accurately represent the Amazon culture and technology to the public
· Substantial public relations experience
· Strong network of local media contacts
· Technology PR experience required
· Compliance, Data Protection, Privacy, and Security PR experience required
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Experience of working on issues management and crisis communications
· Thorough understanding of the EMEA technology landscape and topics being discussed
· Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Fluent English is a requirement
· A passion for technology and a thorough knowledge of cloud technologies
· Special affinity for numbers, analyses, and reporting
· Experience working with customers and developing their stories
· Creativity and bias for action
· A secondary European language is advantageous
· Background in public policy or government relations is advantageous