6 months ago
Close Date: Thursday 24th January
giffgaff is a little different to your `normal` telecoms company. It’s a mobile business run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is. We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It’s important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market.
Us folk at giffgaff are a spirited and disruptive bunch, not every now and then but every day, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.
What part will you play in this?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Social Media Manager to join our team.
This role offers the opportunity to be creative and strategic and use audience insight to develop ideas to have a big impact. You will report in to the Head of Social and lead on all Social activity across Multichannel Brand Campaigns, high-profile TV sponsorship, PR/Social activity, Content programmes, Editorial content and much more, across both Paid and Owned.
Creatively, our goal is to have targeted audience appeal – from social posts to large campaigns. Brand marketing campaigns and strategies are developed in-house, without the traditional advertising agency model. This means this role is varied as you’ll be managing social posts, social campaigns, video, photography, sponsorship and copywriting, using a variety of tools to understand our audiences and what makes them tick.
You will need to be creative, curious, organised, have a love of copy and impeccable taste and be aware of social trends and pop culture.
All in all, you are a positive and active person, who leans into every challenge, every campaign, every day. You’re positively disruptive, you constructively challenge, you inspire, deliver and collaborate.
Some more specific responsibilities:
* Manage campaigns across key channels, from idea to execution and reporting
* Creatively lead with the planning and production of all marketing campaigns.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key Social Media platforms such as Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, Google, and Snapchat
* Development of giffgaff's editorial calendar, including overseeing the creation and delivery of compelling, large scale campaigns as well as always-on daily social media content.
* Contributing and leading at a strategic level to deliver against goals in the Social Media Channels
* Ownership and development of top-level social media marketing roadmap, identifying key campaigns, conversations, partnerships and moments in the year to make impact.
* Management and tracking of campaign performance and BAU activity against KPIs
* Briefing external agencies for social media assets, video content and media buying
What we’re looking for:
* Strong experience managing large scale creative campaigns and multiple social media channels
* Strong understanding of brand and direct to consumer marketing
* Must have experience managing the professional development and performance of direct reports
* Below the line digital campaign experience is essential
* Creative and comfortable generating numerous ideas
* Experience coordinating the writing, editing and publishing of content across all channels
* Strong copywriting skills
* Impeccable taste
* Connected to pop culture
* Experience developing short-form video strategy or an understanding of short-form video production would be desirable.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.