2 months ago
Amazon’s Prime Video is an on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch. From popular Amazon Originals such as Jack Ryan, Hanna, The Grand Tour, American Gods and the Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, to our recent live sports offering including 37 ATP tennis tournaments, the US Open as well as a range of up-coming Premier League games exclusively for Prime Customers. Beyond this, Prime Video offers our members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu, plus hundreds of thousands of titles to watch with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team work in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Prime Video is seeking a Senior Social Media Manager in the UK to build innovative social media campaigns for our brand and Amazon Original programming. We are seeking an experienced and creative social leader with a genuine passion for TV, film and entertainment content who will drive best-in-class customer engagement. The successful candidate will have a proven track record delivering results and a drive for testing, learning and making insightful, data-driven decisions. This role requires someone who lives and breathes with his/her finger on the pulse of what’s trending online and building & engaging social communities around those trends.
You will work across internal teams including content acquisition/development and PR, as well as partner with external social and creative agencies. You will collaborate closely with the marketing team to inform and implement holistic strategies and creative for above the line media campaigns. You will be responsible to lead and align long-term, pre-planned strategies and campaigns and day-to-day editorial decisions. You will work with key social media and digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube as well as seek out emerging platforms that can help us grow our customer base and brand.
Success in this role requires excellent customer instincts, understanding how to streamline and work within the brand’s editorial voice, the ability to set customer-centric campaign goals, an aptitude for developing insights-driven approaches, a deep and current knowledge of each platform’s unique offerings and key content creators and a passion for compelling and innovative content. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas and establish best practices for Prime Video.
This role is based in London
· Develop and execute distinct Prime Video original recurring brand social series assets across platforms to drive follower growth and engagement
· Efficiently create highly topical trending content to increase Prime Video’s brand relevance, foster global social conversation and build vibrant communities
· Work closely and collaboratively across marketing, PR and content teams to champion social-first ideas and execute activations, events and strategies.
· Manage agencies and oversee always-on content development, performance and campaign execution
· Collaborate with social platforms to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations ahead of competitors
· Develop performance metrics for Prime Video brand social handles; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement
· Lead creative ideation and deliver innovative, best-in-class brand campaigns for customers
· Build deep relationships with Amazon talent and showrunners, including educating on social media
· Present to senior leadership regularly on campaign plans and results
· Continuously ideate and innovate within the social space
· Find new and exciting ways to engage customers via social media channels to drive awareness, conversation and affinity for the Prime Video brand and its original content.
· Manage budgets for the creation, development, and execution of campaigns.
For this role we require:
· Fluent level of English (verbal and written) is required
· Extensive experience growing and managing social brand channels of significant scale
· Experience creating viral social first assets
· Highly-organized with the ability to work quickly to deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· Creative thinker with a passion for big ideas that push the boundaries
· Extensive social media ownership and experience for entertainment brands
· Editorial experience, preferably with a digital publisher
· Deep knowledge of pop culture/movie/TV and music
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of belief colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.