6 months ago
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
The Global Remittance team are looking for passionate, honed engineers who are great communicators and well versed in efficient delivery. We challenge our engineers to be innovative and efficient and expect them to be capable of going faster and learning new technologies to ensure consistency, reliability and availability of our high impact, high throughput applications
The Global Remittance team is a highly focused team who work on technology supporting our card member as they make payment to American Express. Senior has the opportunity to influence the architectural direction of the department.
This Senior Engineer will not only have a fantastic understanding of how technology works, but also be passionate about putting together new ideas to create a better experience for our users. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our Card Members.
* Collaborating with other Senior Engineers within the Global Remittance team, as part of the “discovery” and “refinement” process to select the most appropriate technologies and solution to meet upcoming needs
* Comprehensive knowledge of Java and associated frameworks like Spring Boot, and standard Java toolchains such as Maven
* Identifying opportunities for adopting new technology to solve problems in a matrix environment where applicable
* Providing direction and foresight to scrum teams that deliver solutions to Card Members worldwide
* Identifying and resolving data management, control, resiliency and potential performance issues early in the process
* Identifying opportunities to combine/reshape existing initiatives so that greater business value is delivered
* Recommending and providing proofs of concepts from the very broadest recommendation (such as technology selection) ranging from service to infra. to data architecture
* Helping lift the overall skillset of the engineering team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Significant experience of software development in Java environment
* Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate innovative solutions that often disrupt the status-quo in order to solve existing problems
* Willingness to learn new technology and ability to come up to speed quickly in order to exploit them to their optimal potential
Some of the following:
* Programming Languages and Frameworks; JSON, Java/J2EE, REST, Cloud computing, relational and NoSQL databases, Microservices, Business Process Management. Working knowledge of PaaS architecture preferred
* Expert in at least one area and have a working knowledge and appreciation of all four of the following – Relational databases, NoSQL databases, File/message transmission and receipt and In memory caching technologies
* Agile Practices of Software development – SAFe, Scrum
* Ability to design systems with inherent high resiliency and availability
* Provide technical solutions to complex problems at a global scale
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 11:20:02 AM