8 months ago
Right now, we’re looking for an ever-curious and collaborative Senior UX Designer to join our Studio team!
* Bristol (M&DE Design Experience Studio) or Head Office Swindon, as base location
* £42,370 - £61,201 dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
* Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link along with your CV to complement your application
Here at Nationwide, we have clear and ambitious objectives as we look to grow our digital active user base, by making things easier for our members to do online, provide services available 24/7 365 days a year, constantly deliver new and exciting propositions and ensure we have a well-run, well controlled and efficient channel. We’ll do this by continuing to deliver legendary service to our members namely across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking and nationwide.co.uk. That’s no mean feat and that’s where you come in….
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced, talented Senior UX Designer to join our expanding Mobile & Digital Experience team (M&DE). Created to provide in-house design expertise, support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we work out of one of the best in-house spaces in the South West (Bristol), as well as a fast paced, ‘Agile’ environment at Head Office in Swindon!
Who we're looking for
In terms of skills and experience, as a minimum you'll have:
* Significant and demonstrable experience of researching, defining and designing experiences and services - preferably with big name clients in a studio or agency environment
* A detailed knowledge of UX and User-Centred Design practices and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create useful and delightful experiences and services
* The ability to bring ideas to life through sketching and using industry standard software/tools and language – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
* An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft – your deliverables are held up as examples of how things should be done
* A desire to share your experience design capabilities with those around you and develop the skills of more junior members of the team
* Strong influencing and collaboration skills having worked within a multi-disciplinary team and with stakeholders to define and shape the direction of projects undertaken
* Empathy and creativity in equal measures – your ability to understand people’s needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you…
What you'll be doing
Working as a key member of the multi-disciplinary M&DE team, you’ll conduct research to uncover the problems our customers and colleagues are facing. You’ll be instrumental in identifying opportunities and shaping the direction of solutions. And, by utilising your tried and tested UX design skills, be responsible for creating and delivering experiences and services that are engaging and solve the needs of those that interact with them. You’ll have the benefit of being mentored and supervised by a UX Design Manager who’ll ensure you make the most of your potential by developing and supporting you. You’ll be sharing your opinions and experiences. And you’ll work tirelessly to drive up the quality in everything you and those around you deliver.
Ultimately, you’ll play a key part in industry leading digital initiatives and be exposed to complex design challenges, offering you great career development and prospects!