5 months ago
Senior UX Designer
Base location: Bristol AND Swindon (split site)
Salary - £42,000 –£61,000
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide Digital…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We are different…. we’re a Mutual Society, owned by our members, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors.
We’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our multi-channel digital service, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions to grow our digital active user base, develop our Open Banking channel and revitalise our Branch network - all designed to give choice to our members and meet their needs today and tomorrow…
And that’s where you come in...
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced, talented Senior UX Designer to join our expanding Service & Design Experience team, providing in-house design expertise and true user-centred design. We’ll need you to work flexibly between our Design Studio in Bristol and our purpose designed Agile ‘Hub’ environment in Swindon, although this is project dependant.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a creative professional, who’s used to working closely and collaboratively with creative, product, proposition, content and commercial teams to realise strategic objectives and ensure a consistent user experience across journeys. We’re looking for a collaborator who can work with a passionate team of colleagues to deliver ‘at pace’ and challenge and influence effectively to drive the right outcomes.
In terms of your expertise, we’ll need you to have…
* A detailed knowledge of UX and User-Centred Design practices and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create useful and delightful experiences and services
* Significant and demonstrable experience of researching, defining and designing experiences and services - preferably with big name clients in a studio or agency environment
* Expertise in usability testing both for uncovering user problems and to hone your solutions
* Empathy and creativity in equal measures – your ability to understand people’s needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power
* The ability to bring ideas to life through sketching and using industry standard software/tools and language – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
* An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft – your deliverables are held up as examples of how things should be done
* A desire to share your experience design capabilities with those around you and develop the skills of more junior members of the team
* Strong influencing and collaboration skills having worked within a multi-disciplinary team and with stakeholders to define and shape the direction of projects undertaken
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
What you'll be doing
Working end to end in true cross-functional teams, you’ll get to help shape the future of Nationwide’s products and services. You’ll work collaboratively within a team of Service Designers, Content Designers, UI Designers and Developers to create exemplary experiences and services that meet our Business member needs and truly differentiate Nationwide in delivering legendary service to our members.
You’ll be instrumental in identifying opportunities and shaping the direction of solutions. And, by utilising your tried and tested UX design skills, be responsible for creating and delivering experiences and services that are engaging and solve the needs of those that interact with them.
Using industry standard software, you’ll employ User Centred Design techniques and practices on all projects. You will be expected to work in a variety of production methodologies from Agile to Lean to traditional waterfall depending on the demands of the project.
Day-to-day you’ll have responsibility for design activities including hands on creation of deliverables through all stages of the project including research, ideation, prototyping, information design, interaction design, screen design.
You’ll also have the benefit of being mentored and supervised by a UX Design Manager who’ll ensure you make the most of your potential by developing and supporting you. You’ll be sharing your opinions and experiences. And you’ll work tirelessly to drive up the quality in everything you and those around you deliver.