8 months ago
Senior UX Researcher
Job Number: 17666
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Senior UX Researcher
In collaboration with the wider User Experience & Design multidisciplinary team, support, conduct and manage user research for Dixons Carphone that will inform product roadmaps, concepts and design direction.
1. Plan, design, prepare and run user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of digital products and services (including contextual discovery, experience mapping, competitor analysis, diary studies, early stage concept and prototype testing, lab based and contextual usability and accessibility testing). Delivering concise, articulate insight in a compelling and engaging way - telling the customer story.
2. Effectively communicate user needs and design intent with cross-functional agile teams, translating research insights into products. Work closely with Insight, Research teams to help leverage their data to inform product decisions.
3. Act as a customer advocate, working with multidisciplinary teams, often in parallel, across the company, to help improve and refine the customer experience on a continual basis.
4. Effectively communicating user research findings to the team and the wider organisation, so that they share a strong and empathetic understanding of their users (including presentations at show and tells, designing and maintaining research outputs).
5. Fostering a culture of team involvement in user research, analysis, design rationale and decision making based on user needs.
6. Determine measurable and actionable user experience metrics for various digital products.
7. Help Digital Product Owners to understand the behavioural usage patterns, as well as, anticipate interaction issues. Use the research output to communicate how end users will perceive user interface designs.
8. Present user insights to project stakeholders at all levels.
9. Support the design and delivery of large software platforms over several release cycles in a fast-moving retail organisation. Collaborate with the Optimisation team to agree on test setup, and determine the time and sample size that the tests are live for.
10. Integrate well with the Analytics, MVT, and Brand Insight Teams. Liaise with Analytics and Insight teams ensuring that research activities are backed up with data.
Key skills & experience required
* Proven experience translating key business objectives into digital solutions
* Strong commercial awareness, strategic and analytical skills
* Proven extensive experience in storytelling, critiquing, facilitating and presenting
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
* Confident in explaining user needs to senior stakeholders, and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team, the wider organisation and across the business.
* Proficiency in Usability Testing, Survey design, Co-creation workshops, creating discussion guides, running focus groups and depth interviews, Card Sorting, Tree testing, AB Testing, interpreting and presenting research findings.
* Extensive experience in storytelling, critiquing, facilitating and presenting.
* Skilled at working in a cross-functional, multi-discipline environment, you will have strong influencing and communications skills.