7 months ago
SEO and SEM Manager
Wholesale and Ventures Digital, St Paul's, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Our digital function underpins all of these services, providing self serve operations for the 1400+ communication providers through BTWholesale.com and MyBTWholesale, sales leads for each of our growing ventures businesses as well as B2C experiences within growing areas such as the Phone book. It’s a diverse but hugely exciting portfolio of products. The digital team owns all internal and external platforms including Email, Social, Web and apps.
Our Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) specialist will be responsible for driving more traffic onto our digital estate across Wholesale and Ventures. You’ll understand the importance and impact that SEO optimisation can have on our ability to bring customers into our digital estate and to generate sales leads.
You will be responsible for managing all SEO activities such as content strategy, link building and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks. You will also manage all SEM campaigns on Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines in order to maximise ROI.
What you'll be doing
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve
maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyse website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling
- Optimise copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation
- Research and implement search engine optimisation recommendations
- Research and analyse competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO
positions for target keywords.
- Driving increased organic traffic to our digital estate
- Developing a clear SEM strategy and executing on this - showing clear ROI.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
- Proven SEO experience
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across various search engines.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, Omniture)
- Experience with bid management tools
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
Why choose us?
BT also has great progression and development opportunities. We like to promote from within where we can and internal moves to other parts of the business and even EE are common. You can have a diverse, mixed career all within one company!
We also have industry leading benefits, including 10% on target bonus, 25 days holiday, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted share scheme, BT Employee Broadband, TV and Sport package, a strong pension scheme and a range of flexible benefits you can pick and choose.
Apply today to be considered!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.