3 months ago
At Aviva, we're reinventing insurance; in fact, we have been for over 300 years. We’re creating digital experiences and tools which meet customers' needs and address the 'pain points' that they tell us they feel. Rewarding our customers' loyalty is central to our strategy and digital enables us to do this. We take digital transformation seriously, which is why we’ve created our Digital Garage; a digital environment in the heart of London’s Tech City in Shoreditch.
SEO is at the heart of this transformation and its importance is recognised everywhere; by our content, marketing, development, design and media relations teams, right up to the senior management team. Which is why we’re developing our in-house SEO capability to work seamlessly with every aspect of Aviva’s digital offering, to make sure it’s built properly, from the ground up.
Our team is new and growing, and this is a perfect opportunity to lead a high-profile function, make your mark in an SEO-savvy business and create a lasting legacy of excellence.
As our UK SEO Lead, you will define and execute our UK SEO strategy, as well as build a market-leading team that will drive Aviva to success in natural search. You'll relish the challenge of working in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, in a demanding industry. You’ll be self-organising and take responsibility for your own workload, continually reorganise and prioritise to ensure our internal teams get the best possible service.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Mature the role of a growing SEO team within this business and create an environment of best-practice and excellence
* Develop and implement the UK SEO strategy
* Work with UK Customer Experience teams to ensure that all content is structured and optimised to perform in search
* Develop and deploy link-building strategy, working with Media Relations & Brand Marketing teams, as well as SEO outreach staff
* Provide the business with insights in to people’s search habits
* Regular competitor analysis and monitoring
* Work with the DP&D team to design and build optimised templates and components in Adobe Experience Manager
* Measure efficacy of SEO activity and articulate performance to relevant stakeholders
* Deliver elements of training on the basic principles of SEO within relevant teams
* Utilise data from a wide mix of channels to guide SEO strategy and help to formulate wider joined-up channel strategies
* Keep up to date with the latest search industry updates and industry changes; brief stakeholders on relevant opportunities and threats
Skills & Experience
* Extensive demonstrable all-round SEO experience with proven track record of implementation and measurable success, within a complex and competitive industry
* Functional experience with web analytics tools
* An understanding of customer acquisition and how SEO functions within the wider channel mix
* Demonstrable experience of making SEO and Customer Experience work hand-in-hand
* Experienced with core SEO tools such as Search Console, rank tracking tools, crawling tools and backlink analysis tools
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical mind-set with strong attention to detail
* Strong and confident communication skills
What will you get for this role?
* Salary of up to/between £45,000 - £60,000
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please apply via below button.