9 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Network Operations Centre team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Service Analyst, you are the eyes and ears of the Network Management Centre, monitoring the health of over 43000 network devices and critical services to ensure high availability and rapid response to faults.
This is a crucial 247 shift role at the heart of a critical department across Sky. The key tasks are:
- Monitor Network health and performance via IBM Netcool and a range of supplementary tools including SevOne, Splunk, in-house scripting, platform element managers et al
- Trigger fault response by assessing and qualifying service impact, performing initial Triage for first line diagnostics and raising fault tickets to track investigations
- The role is varied, fast paced, challenging and a perfect opportunity to take an interest and basic knowledge of networks and turn it into front line experience of one of the most advanced networks in the UK.
- Proven interest in Networking, routing, switches, security etc.
- Curious and a self-directed learner with an aptitude to learn
- A strong eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-honed all round computer skills
- Experience of CLI and terminal sessions
- Pragmatic, logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience of monitoring tools such as Netcool, Solarwinds etc
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about