9 months ago
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Dublin, Ireland; London, UK
Google Technical Services: Professional Services (gPS) is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting millions of users worldwide. Our consultative services take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Google solutions.
The Shopping Technical Product Specialist team provides specialized technical implementation support to Google’s largest e-commerce customers. Our team consists of analytical minds who enjoy solving complex strategic, operational and technical challenges.
As a Technical Product Specialist, you help maintain the success of our Google customers by leveraging your expertise to help implement a complex product while ensuring high-rates of product availability, preventing downtime and offering optimization advice with Sales. You have both the ability to interact with Product and Operations teams, as well as excellent client relationship-building and communication skills. In addition to supporting Google clients, you will also build robust processes, systems, tools and documentation to ensure such cutting-edge products can eventually be serviced by generalists.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
* Design and build innovative and scalable operations solutions using Google’s suite of internal platforms and technologies. Ensure the prompt and proper resolution of any technical challenges.
* Manage business growth by ensuring high adoption/usage of Google and Shopping products in the market. Be the primary day-to-day technical contact for clients, providing prompt, professional consultative support and service to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Advocate new product features and assist clients in the adoption of new products via upgrades and migrations to help them build long-term success. Provide documentation and technical guidance to ensure the technical success of clients’ integrations. Perform implementation reviews, and analyze/optimize client product mix to ensure their success.
* Lead product launches (post-beta) in region, including training for cross-functional teams where needed. Partner with Sales and client facing teams to scope and collect client requirements, provide guidance on best practices, and apply technology and product knowledge.
* Collaborate with internal/external technical and developer teams to drive communication, prioritization, analysis, and resolution of customer challenges. Participate in the analysis and research for complex technical issues and work with Product Escalation teams.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working with and managing external partners/customers of all levels.
* Experience working with internet products and technologies.
* Experience with advanced system architecture and design, technical troubleshooting, security and privacy standards and/or enterprise software.
* Experience or knowledge of Google AdWords, digital tracking, digital analytics and/or digital optimization solutions (Google Analytics, Go-to-Market or similar analytics solutions).
* Knowledge of Java, C++, Python, PHP, Google Doc scripts and App Engine.
* Strong communication, consulting and project management skills with a proven track record in project delivery. Effective analytical skills, with a creative approach to problem-solving.