3 months ago
up to £67,000 depending on experience
Category: Analysis Jobs
Under the responsibility of a Senior Actuarial Manager you will provide support for the design, implementation and embedding of a business change programme within AXA Insurance to ensure compliance with the Risk Management and other Actuarial aspects of the Solvency II regulations.
Support and assist the quarterly production of Solvency II Technical Provisions and associated pillar 3 templates, liaising with Finance, Capital Modelling and other stakeholders to ensure Actuarial Function requirements are met.
Support and co-ordinate the activities of a Solvency II compliant Actuarial Function across the Actuarial reserving team and among wider stakeholders, ensuring AXA Insurance has the right process and governance for the Actuarial Function Holder to effectively be able to carry out his/her duties.
Support the development and production of reports required under the remit of the Actuarial Function Holder. This includes the Actuarial Function Report, the various regulatory reporting templates, the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment, and other Solvency II documentation.
Support Actuarial input into transversal business change projects across AXA Insurance and in particular to support the Actuarial workstream of the AXA UK IFRS17 project. A key element of this is to link with other business and change teams to ensure new processes are efficient across AXA Insurance and act to support the Actuarial team in providing value adding insight to the business.
Find innovative improvements and develop new tools, processes and reporting to create added value and efficiency improvements across the Actuarial reserving department and in conjunction with wider stakeholders.
Support reporting to governance bodies, e.g. the Board Risk Committee and the Capital Committee, where reporting spans both Personal and Commercial business areas.
Who are we looking for;
* Typically progressing towards completion of Core Technical Actuarial exams. Alternatively a financial/actuarial/general insurance professional qualification or demonstrating equivalent technical expertise and insurance knowledge to fulfil key accountabilities for the role
* Demonstrating effective communication skills and showing the potential for influencing and strong relationship building skills – both within and outside Finance and Actuarial
* Good level knowledge of Word, Excel, Visual Basic, SAS or R and other actuarial tools
* Knowledge of regulatory framework, including IFRS17 and Solvency II
* Some experience in one or more of Actuarial reserving, pricing, capital modelling and reinsurance, and preferably use of ResQ reserving software
* Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining reliability and accuracy
* Ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues
* Strong financial analysis and modelling skills
* Developing product and corporate knowledge
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
What we can offer you
As the number one global insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for, our reward package is a world-beater. Heres a small selection of our current benefits -
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the companys performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.