5 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
O2 offers customers one single consolidated provider for all their IT and communications needs. Through O2 ,customers can optimise their voice and data networks and prepare to face new challenges.
The O2 Skype for Business and Hosted Voice Senior Engineer will be responsible for operating the O2 managed service including operations, maintenance, support and project work. This covers Microsoft Skype for Business 2015, Exchange, Active Directory, Office365, VMware, SBC and SIP related skills and will work closely with the network and security functions in operations.
- Research and assist design best practice to fit the business and customer needs.
- Undertaking leadership of Operational work, setting and working towards deadlines and providing technical leadership for other Operational team members.
- Working with pre-sales and business partners on design solutions as required.
- Develop documentation including solution designs, diagrams and test documentation.
- Ownership, diagnosis and resolution of high level faults and problems in both hardware and software relating to the projects.
- Developing and implementing appropriate security processes, policies and recommendations.
- Provide 3rd line support: analyses and provision of solutions to serious problems.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors as a collaborative operational team and support escalations, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Training and mentoring to others on an ad-hoc basis or part of an overall development plan.
Skills & experience:
- Must have extensive industry experience within Skype for Business and Lync, especially with voice. This can be PBX integration as well as gateways and SBCs.
- This should include MCTS in Skype for Business Server 2015, ideally including voice.
- Must be an expert on various Microsoft Server versions including facilitating technologies like PowerShell.
- Must have suitable Exchange and AD experience to support Skype for Business support work to lead and assist the customer in making any changes required to these environments.
- Skype for Business 2015 Enterprise edition
- Lync Enterprise edition
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Active Directory including resource forests and trusts.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.