7 months ago
Title: Social Campaign Manager
Division: Audible UK
Reporting to: Director, Brand Marketing
Audible is a subsidiary of Amazon and is the largest producer of audiobooks in the world. We are a customer-driven, innovative technology company that strives to entertain, enrich and educate through spoken word content. We provide an outstanding work environment, inspiring co-workers, and world-class benefits. As Social Campaign Manager, your key objective is to grow Audible’s relevancy for its target audiences by conceiving, managing and measuring social campaigns. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day management of an external social agency, acting as a key social stakeholder across a variety of strategic projects, successfully growing engagement rate, reach and relevancy each month and efficiently owning the social budget for Audible UK.
Social strategy and planning
Owning, optimising and re-developing (when needed) a plan to grow relevance amongst our target audience by delivering successful social campaigns on key social platforms. The individual will be tasked with managing an external social agency to ensure Audible has a robust content strategy, is challenging data and recommendations with insightful and curious questions, optimising future plans and owning a content calendar showing upcoming campaigns and activity throughout the year. The role works closely with internal stakeholders to consult on how social channels could be activated to support their projects (e.g. marquee content releases, product marketing launches, brand campaigns, member communications, etc.) while acting as a social champion to ensure social is brought in early, thoughtfully and only when necessary.
Social campaign management
Owning and managing all phases of social campaigns, from process recommendations, initial planning, briefing, project management of asset delivery, approvals, launch, measurement and optimisation. The successful candidate must be comfortable managing multiple projects at once and methodical in nature with both excellent creative instincts as well as a confidence with numbers and statistics. The role manages a social agency who are responsible for day to day content-creation, usage of social management and scheduling tools and ultimately posting primarily on Facebook and Instagram with secondary activity on Twitter and YouTube. The ability to evaluate content against a broader creative strategy and provide effective feedback is crucial. In addition to working with agency partners, the role involves partnering with internal content experts and video producers as well as working with influencers to optimise reach and social channel mix. Strong written and editing skills are required as the role will occasionally be required to directly post or respond to live conversations. The successful candidate will act as the internal champion of social, bringing strong subject matter expertise into the organisation and evangelising colleagues to better understand and anticipate the potential of social to help shape wider marketing efforts.
Insights and Optimisation
The individual would own all reporting of key social metrics including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, writing post-campaign reports and documents and ensuring strong international collaboration and knowledge sharing between Audible marketplaces and global Amazon teams. The role also partners with customer support to swiftly understand and monitor any escalation on social and ensure the right internal teams are aware and involved whenever necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• The ideal candidate will have incredibly high attention to detail and be recognized as an expert in social media management with strong digital marketing knowledge.
• Must be influential, not shy around celebrities and able to bring people with you and drive forward ideas
• 5+ years in a marketing, PR or content team with recent experience in a social or community management role that drive measurable results
• Strong knowledge of tactics for paid social advertising
• Have a passion for audiobooks or podcasts and have the ability to share that passion with others
• Exceptional communication skills both in spoken and written English
• Must have an informed opinion about the role of Social Media and brands – how best to drive measurable results while engaging and connecting with audiences in an authentic way
• Have familiarity with digital marketing fundamentals (specifically SEO, conversion strategies, tracking / tagging methodologies and a good understanding of online advertising)
• Have some experience managing agencies or freelance creatives
• Have a good analytical capability and a solid understanding of success metrics
• Have a strong bias for action and ability to get things done
• Excellent organisation and administrative abilities
• Experience managing marketing campaigns from start to finish
• Good understanding of Brand principles, particularly brand identity and tone of voice
• Experience working in digital businesses
• Proven research and fact-checking skills
• Experience filming interviews, talking heads or events