Social Media & Community ManagerManchester city centreUp to 30k plus benefits
- Rapidly expanding marketing driven company
- Large established audience
- Culture of embracing innovation
- Central Manchester location
Every man (or woman) and their dog claim to be a social media expert. Most of them talk the talk but can't walk the walk.
But if you're one of the few exceptions with a proven track record of delivering extraordinary results and creating compelling campaigns that deliver on all levels, we have the perfect job for you.
We don't just want someone to schedule posts and wait for the results to roll in, we want you to dig deep into social algorithms and have an understanding of hacks that can produce the goods.
And if you love a good conversation (or even a friendly debate), you'll feel right at home. We don't just want someone who knows their hashtags from their check-ins; we're looking for a proactive person who's well-versed in the art of actively engaging with communities to drive results.
You'll also be someone who loves to listen. Monitoring conversations and latest industry news, curating topics to share with a loyal audience. We're looking for someone who's on the ball with emerging social channels and technologies, forever refining their craft. WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING FOR...
A fast growing, dynamic group of property related businesses (spanning construction, sourcing, management, tax advice and finance) who take content marketing to the extreme. Their podcast has over 150,000 monthly listeners and has cemented itself as the UK's most popular business podcast. There are also over 30,000 active members in their online community.
If that wasn't enough, They're also publishers of a quarterly magazine, have written a number of best-selling books, and hold more than 35 free events across the country every single month.
They're also regularly featured in the national press.
In addition, you'll be based at a pretty epic office just a 3 minute walk from Piccadilly station. You'll be right in the thick of all the Manchester city centre action and you'll get to experience it all with an awesome team. WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Marketing is the driving force behind the business. You'll inherit an audience, tens of thousands strong, eager to consume everything they do.
This is a fast-paced role and you'll need to prove you have what it takes to balance your workload. The content schedule is hectic, so you need to ensure that quality work is produced, even under pressure.
On a typical day, you might be:
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Developing and executing the social strategy for the next quarter, based on the needs of the community and the priorities of the businesses
- Scheduling core social posts - optimising them for maximum engagement
- Creating enticing imagery to accompany campaigns
- Engaging with audiences across different platforms, including a 30,000 strong online community
- Working closely with the wider teams to ensure the content you're putting out reflects the messaging as a business
- Researching the latest trends and techniques to improve social and community performance
- Welcoming new people to their online community, categorising posts and moving them to the relevant boards
- Starting new topics on the forum and moderating posts
- Storyboarding video campaigns and optimising them for upload
- Sharing internal culture across relevant platforms
- Reporting figures and successes to the Head of Marketing
We're looking for a true social advocate. You need to get-it, and completely understand the role that social plays in a business like this. We're not just looking for someone who knows their way around social platforms, you need to know how to manipulate them to ensure that content is delivered to the right audience, at the right time.
We're not looking for a 'throw-it-all-out-there' person - you'll understand the differences in audiences across platforms and alter your strategy based on these findings.
You'll have a keen eye for detail and know when to use there, their and they're.
We're a stickler for spelling and grammar - and you need to be too.
And it's not just words you need to be great with either, you need to be creative and have a "get things done" attitude.
Those who tend to sit back and enjoy the ride need not apply. We want someone who wants to push boundaries. Always looking for constant improvement and someone who's willing to take the driving seat with new initiatives.
The ability to spin multiple plates is also a must. SOUND LIKE YOU?
If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you.
And be prepared. We'll want to see examples of campaigns you're most proud of and what results they delivered.
£25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience