Job Title: Social Media and Content Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company was founded in 1809 and is the largest casual tableware brand in the UK. Their heritage is at the core of their business and their stoneware is still proudly made in England.
The Company's Brand positioning is 'Styled by Life' - versatile, beautiful and durable tableware and cookware designed for modern life. In recent years they have expanded into Licensed tableware (Monsoon and James Martin), Glassware, Accessories and Cookshop products to offer the full tabletop solution. The Head Office is based in the village of Denby, Derbyshire close to the A38/M1 with subsidiaries in North America and South Korea. Their product is available widely through their retail partners, their own Retail stores, websites and a number of distributor websites.
The Social Media and Content Manager will report and work alongside the Global Marketing Director to achieve brand goals and to drive consistency of communications and content across all channels. There will be dotted line working with the Global Digital Director with regards to specific E-commerce metrics.
- Define the UK Social Media Strategy with the Global Marketing Director to build the brand, drive new customer acquisition, retain and increase engagement, referral traffic and followings
- Oversee the execution of all social posts across all platforms, and use data analysis to devise a content strategy that will generate the highest engagement
- Own content within the Company's blog and to steer editorial style and execution of SEO activity
- Work with the Company PR teams to support and drive digital PR initiatives with key bloggers, social influencers and online media titles
- Be intrinsically aware of current and future trends in social and how they apply to the brand
- Use and create the appropriate visual and editorial content to drive maximum engagement to each post across each platform, in particular focussing efforts on original video content and photographic imagery
- Work with the sales teams and other internal departments to ensure an appropriate and effective social presence is being woven into commercial and campaign briefs and key customers are being supported
- Work alongside digital, design and brand teams to update and advise on constantly changing social trends
- Track, document and analyse analytics for all social channels using Google Analytics and Hootsuite management systems
- Develop and monitor social commerce opportunities including Facebook Shop, shoppable Instagram and Pinterest's buyable pins to drive revenue
- Work closely with the eCRM and Campaign Manager to produce content for weekly e-shots and informative and inspirational pages on the website
- Execute paid media campaigns to achieve set objectives including traffic, engagement, awareness and conversion
- Assist Retail teams to create and share content and grow the Company's Pottery Village and Retail Estate social media platforms
- Identify, plan and execute brand collaborations across social to drive lead generation, following and engagements
- Work alongside brand team and license partners to gain social presence and tactically use competitions, influencer collaborations and Instagram takeovers to drive brand awareness
- Manage the social community on every channel, working with the consumer services team to respond and resolve queries and complaints
- Work with the teams in North America and South Korea to guide and share content and best practice
- Work with the E-comm and brand teams to develop the conversation with B2B customers and prospects
- Attend to regular events and meetings with PR and digital agencies (mainly London based) as and when required
- Develop an effective content strategy around strategy, statistics and goals, while staying true to the editorial values and brand tone
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 3 years + social media experience
- Immersed in and passionate about the world of social media, with proven experience of driving brands, strong social engagement and referral traffic
- A firm understanding of the appropriate visuals to drive engagement in all forms across each platform
- Able to quickly respond to buzzing topics and breaking news - experience of navigating sensitive and often controversial issues on social media is a bonus, as well as working with communicating and responding to customer service issues
- Demonstrate ability to deal with any negativity or challenge with calmness, persuasiveness and resilience
- A strong, clear communicator
- A strong sense of beauty of design
- Good understanding of analytics and changing algorithms
- Free parking
- Employee Discount
- Scheme Pension
Please note due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Digital Marketing, Social Media Executive, Social Media Marketing, Social Media Coordinator may also be considered for this role.