8 months ago
Social Media & Content Marketing Consultant
UK Corporate marketing
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Location - York
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a digital marketer to join the Corporate Marketing team at Aviva, preferably with experience of creating online content and delivering social media campaigns.
At Aviva, we have a co-ordinated approach to marketing and strategy covering our UK general insurance, health care and life businesses.
Our Corporate Marketing team is active in growing the Aviva business brand – communicating our support companies of all sizes, from large multi-national corporates and small local businesses right through to tech start-ups.
As a marketing team, our goal is to make Aviva the number one B2B financial services brand in the UK. To do that, we need the most creative thinkers, the strongest strategists and the savviest planners. In short, we need the best marketers in the country to join our team.
Sitting within the Digital Performance team, this role primarily focuses on the development and delivery of digital content and social media campaigns, whilst supporting the wider corporate marketing team. Our team leads by example, identifying opportunities for inspiring others and creating innovative ways of working, defining new ways of thinking and being a point of sign off and consultation across the marketing disciplines.
Working closely with the corporate marketing team , UK digital teams, broader business and external agencies, the team are responsible for driving the content marketing strategy, optimising social media activity and delivering measurable results.
If you’ve got ideas, we want them. This role is fast-paced, creative and analytical. You’ll need to demonstrate you can think like a content marketer – actively seeking out stories, themes and messages to tell our business brand story. No day is the same – so flexibility and quick judgement are key. The role covers a breadth of different disciplines, from partnerships and third party activation, to brand story telling and social media campaigns.
You’ll need to be a great communicator and influencer as you’ll have lots of stakeholders within the business – and building and maintaining relationships is vital. You’ll be resourceful, energetic, forward thinking and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
A demonstrable knowledge of the application of content marketing and social media principles is desired.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Technical input into development of marketing and campaign plans
* Analyse marketing performance data and report on key insights.
* Engage with Trading, SEO and customer engagement teams to leverage maximum benefit from all publishing activity and use the insight learned to drive iterative content development
* Content campaign conception and delivery – finding and publishing content themes/stories
Working closely with creative and media agencies to maximise impact of campaigns and drive efficiency in spend.
Skills & Experience required
* Strong knowledge of end-to-end marketing mix, with specific experience across digital and social media marketing
* Understanding of content curation, production and dissemination techniques, for example the use of content planning tools/calendars
* A passion for identifying and leading innovative content marketing activity
* Proven senior stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
* An understanding of social media platforms, trends and effective campaigns
* Knowledge of marketing to intermediaries an advantage
* Inquisitive and action-oriented, enjoys implementing change
* Commercial – able to interpret trends and results and provide recommendations.
* Demonstrates high level of competence in Aviva’s values – Never Rest, Create Legacy, Care More and Kill Complexity
* Performance focused
* Organised – able to effectively prioritise time
* Builds strong relationships, including with external partners
* Challenges respectfully and comfortably
* Qualifications – Working towards or completed marketing degree or equivalent CIM qualification
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Rebecca Askey in the Resourcing team on.
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.
Corporate Digital Marketing Consultant | York, More...