3 months ago
Social Media Executive – Milton Keynes
Social Media Executive – Milton Keynes
South East England
Make banking better in a role where no two days are the same
The Marketing Communications Delivery team is responsible for executing the marketing plan & strategy, managing creative development, delivering marketing communications to market and optimising performance.
This role supports development and delivery of social media marketing activity / initiatives that are aligned to the operational objectives, departmental goals and within agreed Santander UK frameworks.
The role focuses on day-to-day management of Santander UK’s social media channels including the content calendar. Spotting opportunities to interact and have exchanges with the bank’s followers and for the reputation management across all social media channels.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Social Media Executive your main responsibilities will be
* This role supports development and delivery of social media marketing activity / initiatives that are aligned to the operational objectives, departmental goals and within agreed Santander UK frameworks.
* Focuses on day-to-day management of Santander UK’s social media channels including the content calendar. Spotting opportunities to interact and have exchanges with the bank’s followers and for the reputation management across all social media channels.
* Supports more senior members of the team in the development and implementation of strategy and plans.
* Keeps up to date with how changes in digital technology are changing customer behaviour and expectations.
* Works collaboratively to provide support on Marketing Communications to internal and external stakeholders and makes sure we adhere to relevant policies and frameworks.
Minimum skills and experience required
* The role holder needs a deep understanding of social media channels and needs to be a self-starter who can hit the ground running to help upskill the team in the social
* Has copy-writing skills and an eye for design in order to ensure all content is on-brand
* Comfortable working with a creative agency, managing third parties to deliver briefs
* Excellent project management skills, with the ability to take ownership of tasks and drive their completion
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.