7 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Social Media Manager looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Lead social media strategy and execution for The Body Shop across multiple platforms and territories including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. As part of the implementation of the social media strategy, the social media manager will be responsible for planning, creating and distributing globally relevant social media content and campaigns, in collaboration with brand, PR and creative teams and report on their success to drive the business forward.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Ensure Social Media remains a key lever in The Body Shop integrated marketing mix by participating in brand and product campaign planning. Analyse both The Body Shop and competitor social media activity to uncover and share meaningful and actionable consumer and category insights
* Deliver accurate, comprehensive social media strategy and executions to meet business objectives and provide ROI; ensure a good mix of brand and product messaging is maintained
* Determine KPIs for social media activity and track and evaluate results accordingly through accurate and timely reports
* Build brand affinity and strengthen customer engagement trough timely and engaging community management, working with the customer care and local social media teams
* Act as subject matter expert on social media marketing, liaising with social media channels and third party companies (e.g. CMS / monitoring tools) to stay abreast of latest trends, new technologies, competitor activity, and industry best practices. Build relationship with new potential vendors at the right time
* Identify opportunities to evolve content, influencer and UGC strategy working with teams and resources around the business
* Continually improve working processes looking for SMART ways to reduce both overall costs and efficiencies within the role
* Mentor junior members of the team to help them develop and progress in their career
* Actively engage with the business participating in volunteering days and activities
International BrandCreative Agency
International Creative StudioContent Management System
International InsightsInfluencer engagement tool
International PR Social networks account managers
International Customer Care team
International eCommerce & Digital Marketing
International Retail Academy
* Previous proven experience of driving social media strategy is required. The candidate is able to formulate insight-led recommendations on the best course of action to reach desired outcomes / KPIs
* Extensive hands-on experience managing planning and execution of multi-market social media campaigns
* Deep understanding of social metrics and social media reporting tools, plus skilled with analytical abilities to evaluate successes and drive improvements
* Demonstrated ability of being creative and responsive to retail trade and market conditions
* Thrives in highly flexible environments, comfortable working with frequently changing timeframes and short deadlines
* Experienced in working with third party agencies, vendors and partners
* Demonstrated ability of short to long term scheduling and content planning
* Strong project management and team management skills
* Appreciation of wider range of marketing and digital marketing channels with proven track record of 360 planning and amplification
* Previous work in an international role within a retailer brand, desirable yet not essential
Experience with content management system tools (e.g. Sprinklr/Percolate/Salesforce Marketing Cloud…)
Proficient in Microsoft power point and Excel
Experience with social commerce and UGC tools (e.g. Curalate/Olapic…)
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!