6 months ago
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favourite artists. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives. Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, results-oriented Social Media Manager for the Amazon Music team. Focused on growing the Amazon Music brand through our social media platforms, this role will work globally to create and execute engaging marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate is passionate about social media with proven experience of using social media to increase brand engagement and reach. This candidate with work alongside global counterparts to devise a global strategy for Amazon Music, and execute that in the UK where they will also be expected to seek out local opportunities where relevant. This person must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to influence others. They will be known for creativity and innovation but also for rigorous testing, measurement and iteration to improve results continuously. The ideal candidate will be an organised self-starter with a strong bias for action and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Be a critical member of the social media team in terms of coordinating and shaping social marketing, content and creative strategy.
· Partnering globally, lead the execution of Amazon Music social media strategy in the UK with a focus on growing engagement and reach across key platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat)
· Set, and be accountable for, specific KPIs pertaining to the social media strategy to track performance. Report on these monthly.
· Work internally with Amazon Music UK team, in particular the wider marketing and editorial teams, to identify locally relevant ways to grow Amazon Music in the UK.
· Work alongside local brand manager to deliver any marketing campaigns on social, making sure social is a key part of the creative and media brief.
· Be an expert on social trends, educate the wider team on capabilities
· Regularly audit competitive strategic analysis, customer/target audience segmentation, and consumer insight development
· Bachelor's degree
· 5+ years of relevant marketing experience, with an understanding of all marketing channels
· Proven in-depth experience & knowledge of working with social media platforms to grow brand engagement and reach (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat)
· Proven track record of owning projects from start to finish and delivering successful results
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
· Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
· Track record of performance excellence
· Experience working in a global environment
· Experience working in a music, entertainment or subscription business
· Ability to make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to deal with ambiguity with strong bias for action
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution