Social Media Officer (Charity)
Our client is an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries. They work in partnership with the very poorest people in these countries, directly enabling them to improve their lives, as well as using their knowledge and experience to influence decisions made at a local, national and international level that can significantly reduce extreme poverty.
Position: Social Media Officer
Location: Wandsworth, London, UK
Job type: Full Time, 6 month Fixed Term Contract (October to March 2019)
Salary: £29,877 pro rata
Closing Date: 14th September 2018
About the role:
The Social Media Officer will work closely with the Digital Communications Manager to drive the development of their social media channels.
The role will be responsible for managing and building their presence and communities on social. Working with stakeholders around the organisation, you will find creative and engaging ways of promoting the organisation's work with the aim of building the brand awareness, engaging with existing and new audiences and generating action.
Collaborating with their Digital Content Editor, Digital Marketing Executive and Senior Communications Officers you will:
- Roll out their social media approach and deliver the six-month action plan
- Lead bi-weekly and quarterly social content planning meetings with the digital team, operational bridges (digital staff from Fundraising, Policy and Campaigns and Content teams), and wider communications staff
- Manage the organisation's content planner (Trello)
- Coordinate their ongoing and seasonal campaigns on social media
- Commission, repurpose or create highly engaging for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Update / Create social media personas
- Support Community Fundraising with the management of our communities (sports challenges) and groups
- Provide reports and analysis on our social media activity
- Help to schedule content and deliver the wider content plan
- This role might require working outside working hours to cover events, conferences and fundraising challenges
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject e.g. Marketing
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Developing social media channels, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Impeccable copy writing
- Digital communications, either with an agency or in-house (ideally with a charity)
- Managing social media communities
- Delivering and evaluating social media campaigns and strategies
- Using social media account management tools, such as TweetDeck, Hootsuite and Sprout Social
- Creating and managing content plans
- Approaching bloggers and other online influencers
- Communicating with internal or external stakeholders in a clear, meaningful and effective way
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Evidence of excellent IT skills particularly digital channel management software such as content management systems (CMSs), social networks, evaluation and analytics tools
- Knowledge of charity communications and international development issues
- Developing tone of voice
- Creating personas
You may have experience of the following: Social Media Officer, Social Media Coordinator, Digital PR, SEO, Marketing Executive, PR, New Media, Communications Officer, Marketing Coordinator, Communications, Social Media Coordinator etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.