13 days ago
As a software engineer within our Engineering team you will work at every stage of the engineering lifecycle, developing solutions to the required quality, design, coding, performance and security standards, in a fast-paced agile environment.
The ideal candidate will have good analytical skills in order to develop using a range of tools and languages within agreed processes. Working closely with colleagues you will help to share knowledge and ensure the continuous growth of our community-oriented environment.
What you will be doing:
* Develop solutions to the required quality, design, coding, performance and security standards, in a fast-paced agile environment.
* Test solutions thoroughly and prioritise the use of automated testing standards and techniques.
* Ensure quality and continuous improvement through design reviews, code reviews and retrospectives.
* Take collective ownership for the platform as a whole, responding to its needs for stability and availability and by being consistent with agreed platform principles.
* Provide technical analysis of user requirements to facilitate accurate story estimation.
* Evaluate the potential automation of software and system solutions to ensure eradication of toil wherever possible.
* Understand the impact of unplanned work such as defects and rework and take appropriate measures to reduce this wherever possible.
* Provide clear and accurate Route Cause Analysis on all resolved system bugs.
* Previous experience within a software engineering and development role.
* A strong understanding of Clean Code practices, Object Orientation, SOLID Principles and Design Patterns.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, in English, and can adapt your style to meet the needs of your audience.
* Experience in building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
* Working knowledge of the following technologies: -
* Web API
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. We’ve been recognised as one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays and ability to purchase extra
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
* Share Plan Scheme
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.