5 months ago
Opening date for applications: 14th February 2019
Closing date for applications: 16th March 2019
Competitive salary applies.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
* Experience with Engineering Tools and Infrastructure.
* Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
* Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment.
* Excellent coding skills in C, C++, Java or Python.
* Scripting skills in one of the following common languages: Perl, Shell.
About the job
A line of code can be many things - an amazing feature, a beautiful UI, a transformative algorithm. The faster this line of code reaches millions of users, the sooner it impacts their lives. As a Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure, you will be at the heart of Google’s engineering process building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
We ensure Google's success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We impact thousands of Googlers and billions of users by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested. Expect to learn best practices for code health, testability and maintainability - critical skills for early career software engineers.
Having access to all of Google's platforms and vast compute resources provides a unique opportunity to grow as an engineer. We typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. As a result, the exposure to this broad set of problems provides diverse technical challenges as well as accelerated career growth.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
* Lead/contribute to engineering efforts, from planning and organization to execution and delivery, in order to solve complex engineering challenges in relation to tools and testing.
* Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks.
* Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help Engineering teams to measure and increase their velocity.
* Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing and maintainability.
* Analyze and decompose complex software systems, and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.