10 months ago
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
American Express require an appropriately qualified technical authority with in-depth expertise and experience of chip based payments technology, specifications and products including EMV contact & contactless cards and mobile payments, to join a key team of technical specialists responsible for technical specifications, industry standards and consultancy supporting American Express Global Networks business objectives.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
* Delivery of significant contributions to technical specifications and solution definition for American Express advanced payment products and services ensuring that all work products are completed to a high standard.
* Understanding and translating business needs and objectives with respect to EMV chip & mobile payments products features and services using experience and skills applicable to this area of the payments industry to further benefit business solutions and products.
* Supporting representation of American Express position and interests in external technical forums or working groups at Industry Technical bodies such as EMVCo as required.
* Identifying improvements to product offering and undertaking of feasibility studies on emerging complementary payment solutions.
* Definition of Roadmaps and Strategies when required, mapping technical elements to product needs and incorporating industry and marketplace direction and understanding.
* You will work closely with American Express business and engineering delivery teams as well as third party vendors where appropriate to support business solution delivery.
* Closely partnering with American Express Global Certification teams for advanced payment product testing and approval and the associated requirements, tools and processes.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* You will bring a strong technical background and experience of the card payments industry, and apply your expertise gained in EMV card and mobile contactless payments to specify, define, and support existing and new advanced payment technology products and services. In addition to these skills a software development background is desirable.
* Ability to cover a broad spectrum of products and services from established industry specifications, standards and products in widespread use for EMV and contactless cards & mobiles, through to newly emerging and creative solutions.
* Good knowledge of the credit card payments industry and international card payment schemes, including detailed understanding of the technology and standards underpinning EMV contact and contactless cards and mobile payments is required.
* Understanding of deployment (e.g card issuance) and transaction processing (e.g POS terminals & transaction processing networks) for chipcard & mobile products.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required with demonstrated ability to present effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, and to support participation in external industry bodies when needed.
* American Express is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018, 4:05:49 AM