Our client owns a boutique hotel with fantastic sea views and located near Southend town centre. The family run Hotel and Restaurant has been past down for generations and boasts a friendly atmosphere along with freshly cooked cuisine and exemplary service. Together with the Head Chef, they are now recruiting a Commis/Sous Chef in order to expand their current team of chefs to meet demand.
Purpose of the role
To assist the Head Chef and other members of the team with cooking, preparation and storage of all food items for the Hotel. The ability to manage your own section of the kitchen is essential and they would expect you to demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service which exceed the expectations of their customers.
• Lead the kitchen team in the head chef’s absence
• Provide guidance to junior kitchen team members
• To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement
• To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results
• To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
• To ensure stock is controlled and rotated.
• Accept and store deliveries
• Coordinate with restaurant management team and the event team
• To report any maintenance issues to the head chef immediately
• To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies to maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Formal culinary training
• Restaurant industry knowledge
• Previous restaurant experience
• Extensive food and beverage knowledge
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Experience for this role is essential.
They are offering good rates of pay and the hours will be approximately 40 hours per week on a weekly shift rota . They look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share their passion for providing excellent food and customer service.