19 days ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A.
With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent.
Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
Fixed Term Contract - 6 months
Location: Prospect House, 100 New Oxford Street, London WC1A 1HB / Can be flexible but will need to be able to get to London
About the team
The Special Projects and Corporate Delivery Team are responsible for delivering O2 coverage and capacity solutions in locations such as stadia, shopping centres, transport hubs, O2 stores and corporate customer premises
About the role
This secondment (covering maternity leave) is a great opportunity to get experience of managing a technical team.
As Radio lead, you will be responsible for managing a small team of radio engineers supporting the acquisition and delivery processes to ensure that solutions are designed and implemented to the correct radio standard to ensure a good experience for O2 customers.
* Manage a small team consisting of permanent and contract radio engineers based in different parts of the UK
* Ensure the team keeps up to date on all changes affecting radio design, configuration, equipment and testing
* Ensure the acquisition, delivery and programme teams have the necessary radio support.
* Ensure the radio team is meeting SLAs regarding customer surveys, document review and radio configuration.
* Maintain a good working relationship with the Radio Design team and the Regional Radio teams
* Ensure the design and build suppliers are meeting the technical radio requirements and put measures in place to address as needed
* May be required to work evenings and/or weekends from time-to-time when required to meet deadlines
* Experience of working in a customer facing role
* Excellent communication skills, with experience of managing a small team
* Ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously
* Understanding of network rollout and delivery
* Ideally you'll have knowledge of radio design and configuration
* Must be able to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines
* Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision, prioritizing work activities appropriately
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.