2 months ago
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in Technology transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need a skilled Technology Lead to take on our Nationwide Digital Money Management Hub.
Nationwide is leveraging the power of Cloud, DevOps and Agile to bring teams together and create compelling Digital experiences for members of today and tomorrow. At the same time, we’re investing in our branches and contact centres to create the best blend of human and digital service.
You’ll be the Technology Lead, working as part of a leadership trio including a Chief Product Owner and Delivery Lead, for one of our new Digital Hubs – providing thought leadership and technical direction to our engineering teams, and focused on our core banking servicing functionality across mobile, web and API. We’re looking for both technical depth and leadership qualities. We want someone who can build and sustain technical excellence within a team, take in hand an existing backlog and create the right environment for success.
Who we're looking for
We need somebody with:
• Strong leadership and organisational skills
• Proven experience in building and leading engineering teams
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Deep Software Engineering Technical experience with the ability to inspire a technical team
• Expert in Agile and DevOps processes and techniques, modern toolsets
• Familiarity with mobile app development environment
• Experience in leading technical teams and making decisions through periods of ambiguity
• Experience of setting a compelling vision and communicating it to stakeholders at all levels
• A successful track record of interpreting external drivers (technology developments, market conditions, consumer behaviour, Regulatory demands), aligning with an organisational architectural/technical strategy to translate into technical solutions and priorities is essential
Deep technical knowledge and understanding of the appropriate technologies for the Squad to provide strong technical leadership
Ideally, you also have:
• Knowledge of Financial services and delivery of Digital banking solutions
• Strong knowledge of cloud-native, full-stack software engineering capabilities including microservices (.NET Core or Java) with front-end (React), container orchestration (Kubernetes)
• Strong hands on and operational skills