7 months ago
Amazon is seeking a self-motivated and creative individual for the role of Senior Manager, leading the UK PR team for Amazon’s revolutionary devices & services business in the UK including Kindle, Fire TV, Echo, Alexa, and more.
Key responsibilities include working closely with retained PR agencies to devise and implement strategies which enhance the reputation of Amazon devices; developing and managing PR campaigns to drive awareness for devices and services; and overseeing the day-to-day running of the devices press office including all proactive and reactive media relations.
Able to work at internet-speed, you will have a track record of delivery on major campaigns, a high level of creativity and extensive experience in dealing with consumer technology media contacts and national news desks.
- Managing the PR agency to devise and implement a PR strategy that delivers against set objectives
- Using the site, its features and products to generate a steady stream of strategic and tactical PR ideas
- Proactive and reactive media relations as part of the devices and Alexa press office
- Sharing ideas and results with Amazon colleagues internationally
- Managing budgets and delivering clear, results-focused reports
- Building and maintaining relationships with key individuals in the business
- Manage a team of PR professionals
- Significant experience in an agency/in-house PR
- Track record of delivery on major campaigns
- Extensive experience in dealing with high-level consumer media contacts across news, technology and broadcast sectors
- Consumer PR expert-a demonstrated feel for what works for a brand and a strong contact book
- Tactically aware-knowledgeable about what’s going on in the media and on the site with the ability to marry the two at short notice for maximum PR benefit
- Strategic - ensuring that PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages
- Proactive in the extreme - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
- Organised and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Leadership - able to inspire agencies to deliver and demonstrate responsibility for device PR to senior managers
- Adaptable - able to work in an international, fast-paced and dynamic corporate environment