7 months ago
Opening Date: 18 Jan 2019
Closing Date for applications: 15 Feb 2019
Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Interested in working in a high impact role? Come and join our EU Alexa team and help define the course of voice technology in the home.
Amazon recently announced that third party hardware makers can integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS), the brain behind Amazon Echo, into their products. AVS is enabling many new connected devices and exciting consumer use cases in the home, and AVS marketing enables device partners to go to market quickly, effectively, and visibly.
The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) team is looking for an innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed EU Marketing Manager. This is a new position and is a leadership role within our AVS global team, and is located in London. The role will help define and lead new AVS consumer marketing initiatives in the EU.
We are looking for an EU savvy marketer who can develop, direct and execute digital and physical marketing programs to drive sales of AVS’ partner products. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, and a successful track record in partner and/or consumer product marketing with experience developing and localizing global programs to meet market segment requirements. In this role you will be challenged to innovate and pioneer marketing approaches as you; 1) help partners launch new products, 2) help drive customer adoption and usage for the segment overall, and 3) develop a scaleable localization program for partners. In typical Amazon fashion, this role will hold a high bar for measurement of marketing activities, and will define success metrics, measurement methods and reporting processes for their efforts. This role will be at the forefront of a new ecosystem – engaging device manufacturers and consumers to improve the way people interact with technology.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
· Identify and prioritize leading third party partners for execution of co-marketing campaigns.
· Develop an understanding of the drivers of local purchase behavior (acquisition), customer activation (engagement) and habitual usage (retention) and translate those insights into go-to-market segment programs, campaigns and promotions.
· Execute campaigns leveraging the full range of merchandising vehicles available, using data, analysis and best practices to optimize your decisions.
· Support local Business Development teams with content and marketing programs for partners.
· Work closely with Business Development, PR, Product Management, UX, Brand, Amazon Legal, Category Leads, Retail teams and other Amazon stakeholders to ensure internal cross-functional alignment.
· Establish strong, collaborative relationships with partners through the go-to-market and customer activation lifecycle.
· Report weekly on our success metrics.
· Bachelor's degree in marketing or business.
· Fluency in English.
· Several years of relevant work experience in consumer marketing - particularly with a track record of delivering campaigns in technology and partner marketing.
· Experience collaborating with partners to jointly define, develop, execute and analyze high-impact go-to-market segment campaigns including timelines, channels, merchandising, promotion, customer value prop/messaging, campaign goals and measurement.
· Experience launching and building consumer-facing brands - in consumer products, media or e-commerce industries.
· Experience localizing international programs.
· Strong analytical skills; demonstrated ability to use customer research, hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, generate credible forecasts, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs.
· Deep expertise in customer targeting, acquisition marketing, engagement marketing, and/or targeting methods.
· Experience launching new and disruptive programs.
· In-depth knowledge and experience with EU consumers.
· Experience managing marketing teams and direct reports.
· Willingness to travel.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams to deliver projects, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, and operations.
· A strong, decisive, action-oriented leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate recommendations to senior leaders and influence stakeholders.
· Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks Ambitious to get the job done.
· Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects, and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities of a rapidly evolving business.
· Strong track record of International consumer marketing success.
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.