3 months ago
The duties for this position will be wide-ranging and involve you in many aspects of the site’s production and operation, as well as the traffic growth and editorial qualities. You will report to and work closely with the editor in chief, and share responsibility for the site within your region (Europe) and its growth.
Importantly, you will be a vital member of the editorial team, maximising your passion and strength in writing engaging news, reports and features.
* You will ensure that the production of news pages, interviews and race coverage is carried out in a timely fashion.
* You will need to liaise with the editor in chief on a frequent basis to formulate strategy and planning of coverage for European cycling coverage.
* Writing and coordinating of news.
* Attend monthly planning meetings.
* The production of UCI and national level race results, plus reports and photography; as well as any national-level road racing remains paramount.
* A strong knowledge of women’s international cycling is preferable.
* A second language is desired but not essential
* Planning of race coverage within your zone.
* Attendance at cycling events as a Cyclingnews reporter and on-site producer, however, this will require planning ahead in the monthly work roster to ensure that daily production deadlines are met.
* Liaise with Cyclingnews’ editor in chief a regular basis.
* On-site and live race coverage when requested.
* Regular weekend work at races and on production.