2 months ago
Future’s Photography group creates international, market-leading photography tuition and product advice, delivered through award-winning print brands, the fastest-growing photography website, and the UK’s leading event for image-makers.
DigitalCameraWorld.com is the online home of digital photography; it’s the place where image-makers of all skill levels can get the latest news, expert buying advice, inspiring tutorials, exclusive competitions, and get inspired by some of the world’s best images.
The group’s magazine brands include Digital Camera, PhotoPlus, N-Photo, Digital Photographer, Photography Week and Practical Photoshop. Delivering the latest kit reviews, tutorials, interviews and advice, the print portfolio is created by expert photographers, and every issue promises to help readers improve their images.
The Photography Department’s content is brought to life at the UK’s multi-award-winning and leading event for image-makers: The Photography Show. Held at the NEC (annually in March), The Photography Show is packed with inspiring speakers, training zones, and the world’s leading camera and gear manufacturers exhibiting their latest products. Attracting around 30,000 photographers every year, The Photography Show has quickly become the most important date in the UK imaging industry’s calendar.
Job summary & purpose
As Staff Writer of DigitalCameraWorld.com you will be responsible for helping to drive the rapid global growth of the website. You will play a very hands-on role, to ensure that audience metrics are delivered through the smooth production of engaging editorial content on the website and via related social channels.
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the website is updated multiple times a day with new content: working with the site’s Editor, Senior Reviews Editor and Content Director to formulate and run a daily calendar of technique, tutorials and feature-related content.
Content will be a mix of repurposed existing editorial, originally published in our group’s print brands – as well as newly commissioned and originated content.
The role will require you to subedit, rewrite and fit existing copy – ensuring that it meets the requirements of the Future SEO Playbook, and is optimised where appropriate for ecommerce using Future’s Hawk affiliate widgets.
You will also be required to write a number of articles yourself; from news stories and occasional marketing pieces, through regular social posts and buying guides. You will also be required to help create and maintain daily email newsletter digests of the site’s content. You will have a keen eye for detail, and a good understanding and interest in cameras and photography; but above all, you will be a fast worker who can write, sub, re-write, and upload content quickly using our in-house CMS (training provided).
You will enjoy using tools like Google Analytics, to analyse and measure the success of articles, and will be able to spot, communicate and proactively act on new opportunities for audience growth. With a large archive of content to publish from (spanning text, images and videos), you will enjoy identifying and uploading content with the most potential.
Key role responsibilities:
* Write news pages, deals articles, and buying guides.
* Sub, rewrite and repurpose daily content from our archive of text, images and video, delivering multiple daily stories to the DCW audience.
* Update buyers guides to ensure their relevance and search ranking.
* Help deliver global audience and brand growth in line with expectations working with the Editor, Group Reviews Editor, Content Director, Brand Director and Audience Development Team.
* Helping to shape and deliver digital content strategies with the team.
* Deliver against an agreed content plan that supports growth of ecommerce revenues, and ensures that DCW ranks highly for key targeted Search terms.
* Produce and commission outstanding content.
* Working with Audience Development team to build a loyal and engaged audience through SEO, video, social, e-mail newsletters and other relevant channels.
* Understand KPIs, and ensure that these are met.
* Identify opportunities to fill content gaps that enable the brand to serve its audience better.
* Work closely with commercial teams to help deliver our commitments to our advertisers.
* Identify new opportunities to deliver new tools and functionalities on the site that will add value for our audience and improve our own efficiencies and workflows.
* Be a passionate champion of the visitor journey, ensuring that DigitalCameraWorld.com constantly delivers the highest user experience.
Essential skills and experience:
* A passion for photography and for cameras (and other related technologies such as mobile phone and video making).
* Proven ability to sub and write high quality engaging, relevant content.
* Proven ability to deliver high volumes of content at pace.
* Understanding of SEO, and methods of identifying and ranking for, targeted terms.
* Understanding of digital content approaches, including social channels, content marketing, and email marketing.
* A global outlook, and understanding of the international photography market.
* Numerate and analytical.
* Experience of content management systems.
* Ability to work as part of a wider team
* Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data.
* Good communication skills