3 months ago
Image result for macformat future plc
MacFormat is the UK’s leading Apple magazine. Aimed at the fans of Apple products, it provides: fun, interesting and practical advice on using Macs, iPhones, iPads and accessories and apps for them; reviews of new first- and third-party products; and the latest news and developments from Apple and associated companies.
Job Summary & Purpose
As a Staff Writer on MacFormat, you will be responsible for helping to continue the growth of the brand by delivering content that connects with a global audience of millions of Apple fans.
You will play a pivotal role ensuring that the magazine is updated with new articles: working with the Editor, and wider team to create a daily output of content in line with the magazine’s strategy.
From news and features, to reviews and tips, you will be able to quickly write entertaining and informative copy that answers reader’s queries to a high standard and is technically accurate.
You will instinctively understand what Apple users want to read about, and will have a strong drive to deliver that content first by keeping up to date on the latest developments in the consumer technology market. You’ll also have your finger on the community’s pulse, with the willingness to conduct research in online forums and through online analytics tools.
As Staff Writer, you may be required to perform many different content tasks for the magazine, which will also include repurposing and sub-editing existing editorial copy – ensuring that it meets the requirements of the magazine and is tailored where appropriate.
You may also be required to write occasional marketing pieces, for both Future’s wider brands, as well as clients partnerships; also, regular social media posts and email newsletter digests of the magazine’s content.
You will have a keen eye for detail, a deep understanding and interest in Apple products, and you will be a fast worker who can write, sub, re-write, and submit content quickly using our in-house systems.
You’ll also help generate ideas that can be executed by the magazine editor, and assist with any aspect of the magazine that requires your expertise. You may have experience creating web, video or podcast content, and be willing to help deliver this if required.
Key role responsibilities:
* Creating content for MacFormat as directed by the Editor, and across several content types (news, tutorials, reviews, features, buying guides, social media, email newsletters)
* Sub-editing the work of others if required.
* Developing industry contacts that’ll yield stories in the future, whether for indie app developers or well-known brands connected to the Apple ecosystem.
* Attending industry trade shows and press events on our behalf.
* Working closely with the online teams to maximise content opportunities.
* Help deliver brand growth in line with expectations working with the Editor, and wider team
* Understand your key performance indicators, and ensure that you are delivering against them.
* Identify opportunities to fill content gaps that enable the brand to serve its audience better.
* Work closely with commercial teams to help deliver our commitments to our advertisers.
* Be a passionate champion of the brand, ensuring that MacFormat constantly delivers the highest reader experience.
* Negotiating competition prizes and ‘letter of the month’ rewards that have broad appeal to Apple fans.
Essential skills and experience:
* A passion for Apple products (and other related technologies)
* Proven ability to write high quality engaging, relevant content for the sector
* Proven ability to deliver high volumes of content at pace
* Understanding of digital content approaches, including social channels, content marketing, and email marketing
* A global outlook, and understanding of the consumer technology market
* Numerate and analytical
* Ability to work as part of a wider team
* Good communication skills
* A good working of knowledge of Apple products and technologies.
* Proven ability to write quality reviews of products. Experience with benchmarking preferred but not essential.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online audience growth
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across our the UK, US, France and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for talent not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate. making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is the job for you! Please send a link or sample to some of your relevant technology-related writing.