25 days ago
Job Summary & Purpose
PSNEurope (Pro Sound News Europe) is Europe’s most trusted and respected trade publication for the professional audio industry, providing agenda setting news, features and interviews for its readership of audio executives, sound engineers and producers.
As Staff Writer, you will be responsible for sourcing and creating industry-leading news stories for the PSNEurope website while contributing high-quality features for the monthly trade magazine. Reporting to the Editor, you will possess an excellent interviewing technique with the ability to work independently and present agenda-setting feature ideas and articles, as well as represent the brand at the various trade events the team attends. You will play an integral role in maintaining the quality and reliability of content across PSNEurope’s digital and print platforms, with a sound knowledge of the importance of social media in today’s landscape.
You will be required to sub-edit content for print and online, so a keen eye for detail and fact-checking is a must. We are looking for a creative thinker with the ability to adapt to the evolving world in which media finds itself.
Key role responsibilities
* Sourcing and turning around exclusive news, interviews and features, both for online and print
* Maintaining and growing the brand’s social media presence. Building and maintaining relationships across the cycling industry through excellent communication
* Conducting both phone and face-to-face interviews with high-profile industry personalities
* Attending annual trade events and representing the brand at product launches throughout the year
Essential skills and experience
* Self-motivated, proactive, and determined to drive ideas
* Excellent interpersonal and project management skills
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Disciplined work ethic
* Team player
* Knowledge of Word and Excel is essential
* A working knowledge of various content management systems is desirable
* Knowledge of InDesign is desirable