8 months ago
Tom’s Hardware is the largest community of technology experts seeking and providing answers, benchmark data, and guidance across all major enthusiast component and product categories.
Tom’s Hardware, an exhaustive, trusted resource for serious computer hardware buyers and passionate early adopters, is looking to expand its presence in the UK. You’ll be working within a small, lively team in the London office.
Tom’s Hardware is focused on content for PC hardware and gaming enthusiasts. It combines professionally produced content and a large community of technology experts and enthusiasts.
Job Summary & Purpose
Reporting to the UK Editor-in-Chief, you’ll be pivotal in helping make sure Tom’s Hardware becomes the ultimate destination for UK computer hardware buyers and gaming enthusiasts. We expect you to have a strong interest in all aspects of PC hardware and gaming and are looking for a talented writer who will help in producing bespoke content for the site and rewriting US-focused articles for a UK audience where necessary. As a key member of the Tom’s Hardware team, you’ll be developing new articles as well as maintaining and improving on existing ones. Outside of writing, we’ll also be looking for you to work with freelancers and attend important events where you’ll get hands on with the latest kit.
Key role responsibilities
* Writing: You’ll be writing news, producing buying guides, reviewing the latest gadgets and delivering sharp opinion pieces. You’ll also be working to create fantastic hubs to help our readers find out everything they need to know about future products.
* Planning: responsible for helping to deliver the content coverage for Tom’s Hardware in the UK, while meeting the needs of the UK Editor-In-Chief.
* Commissioning: Helping the UK Editor-In-Chief develop strong, tight commissions, ensuring our freelancers create the best content to spec and to deadline.
* Budgeting: Ensuring all budgets are adhered to when needed.
* Measurement: responsible for ensuring audience-related KPIs are delivered, in conjunction with the UK Editor-In-Chief.
Essential skills and experience
* An understanding of SEO best practice
* An in-depth, authoritative knowledge of PC and gaming trends
* CMS experience preferable
* Reviews, news and feature writing experience
* A certain degree of autonomy when it comes to getting tasks done
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and to be able to work flexibly – switching tasks as required by line manager