3 months ago
About the Team
Top Ten Reviews is a US-focused brand that covers any topic people need buying advice about. Whether it’s computer software, credit cards or even barbecues – TTR demystifies and makes it easy for our audience to make the right choice.
If you’re interested in everything and anything then this role will have you researching and writing together with a great team spread across London, Bath and New York.
As a Staff Writer on Top Ten Reviews, you will be responsible for helping to continue the growth of the brand by delivering great content that helps and advises our readers.
You will play a pivotal role ensuring that the site is updated with articles, reviews and buying guides: working with the Managing Editor, and wider team to create a daily output of content in line with the strategy.
From news and deals, to reviews and how-tos, you will be able to quickly write engaging and informative copy that answers reader’s queries to a high standard and is technically accurate.
You’ll have your finger on the community’s pulse, with the willingness to conduct research about products and services in online forums, user review sites and using online analytics tools.
As Staff Writer, you may be required to perform many different content tasks for the title which will also include re-purposing and sub-editing existing editorial copy – ensuring that it meets the requirements of the site and is tailored where appropriate.
You will have a keen eye for detail, and the ability to learn about a new topic quickly and comprehensively, and you will be a fast worker who can write, sub, re-write, and submit content quickly using our in-house systems.
You’ll also help generate ideas that can be executed by the editor, and assist with any aspect of the site that requires your expertise.
You may also be tasked with commissioning freelancers to create content for the site.
* Creating content for Top Ten Reviews as directed by the Editor, and across several content types (news, tutorials, reviews, features, buying guides, social media, email newsletters)
* Sub-editing the work of others, if required
* Developing industry contacts that’ll yield stories in the future
* Help deliver brand growth in line with expectations working with the Editor, and wider team
* Understand your key performance indicators, and ensure that you are delivering against them
* Identify opportunities to fill content gaps that enable the brand to serve its audience better
* Be a passionate champion of the brand, ensuring that Top Ten Reviews constantly delivers the highest reader experience
What do I need to succeed?
* A passion for the product and great understanding of your reader interests
* Proven ability to write high quality, engaging, relevant content for the sector
* Proven ability to deliver high volumes of content at pace
* Understanding of digital content approaches, including social channels, content marketing, and email marketing
* Ability to work as part of a wider team
* Good communication skills
* Knowledge of personal finance, health, B2B, home and garden appliances or technology an advantage.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online audience growth – ↑188%
EBITDA Growth – ↑169%
Revenue Growth – ↑103%
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, France and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!