7 months ago
The Future B2B US TV, Radio and Video market content team is the media technology industry’s first source of news, analytical insights, tech trend reports, the latest product information and professional networking opportunities.
As Staff Writer, reporting to the Managing Director of Content, you will be focused on creating content for one of our leading brands, TV Technology, which reaches more than 30,000 video professionals in broadcast, cable, production, post production, corporate and digital media. TV Technology provides the leading opinion-maker insights, commentary and product information in the industry on topics ranging from advances in production workflows, the cloud and multichannel distribution to virtual reality, OTT and regulatory news from Washington, topics affecting the entire professional video market.
Job Summary & Purpose
You will write, create, publish and amplify relevant and compelling textual, video and other such content as assigned to serve market audiences. This includes establishing and maintaining a network of expert sources to inform coverage. You will perform journalistic research and interviews (which may at times require travel) and gather images and data to produce engaging website content, which sometimes will be enhanced and repurposed into magazines.
This content will be created with personality to attract, engage and establish deep and continuous relationships with our audiences. You will ensure all content is enticing — never boring — relevant and important to the audience. This requires leveraging modern, highly-visual, interactive and video digital storytelling techniques — and applying search and social optimization best practices.
You will continuously research and analyze audience data (most especially digital user behavior metrics) with the market content team to develop expert understanding of the topics, formats and delivery methods most valuable to the audience. And you will partner with the team to provide creative ideas for events and paid entry award programs, as well as to help execute those programs.
As a representative of our team you will attend Future B2B events, external trade shows and other industry events and client meetings as needed to gather information for coverage and to serve as an ambassador to the marketplace.
To obtain maximum audience and engagement with the content that we create, you will deploy search, social and newsletter optimization and amplification best practices. And you will monitor performance and change styles and tactics to fulfill audience needs based on the engagement patterns that you observe.
Key role responsibilities
* Creating content for TV Technology (TVT), Government Video (GV) and other TV, Radio, Video market brands online and in print. Managing daily website operations, coordinating activities with team members and freelancers. Especially focusing on creating content for websites, TVT and GV newsletters, the NAB Show Daily News magazine, and other market products as needed.
* Researching new industry technology developments to identify new business and marketing opportunities for content creation and advertising campaigns. Attending and covering trade shows, conferences and industry events in the Washington, DC area or elsewhere relevant to TVT, GV and other market brand audiences.
* Working under direction of team managers to shape editorial contents of TVT and GV online, in social media and in print. Keeping abreast of industry trends and latest developments by monitoring market industry, government and technology sources. Creating and optimizing articles covering industry news.
* Supporting planning and speaker development for GV Expo and other events.
Please note that this is NOT a video production position. While experience in video/media production is helpful, this position is first and foremost a technology writing/journalism role.
Essential skills and experience
* 3+ years in a Staff Writer context role or other relevant experience
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Able to work effectively in a team setting toward a common goal
* Excellent journalistic instincts and skills