2 months ago
Date of posting: 9th May 2019
Closing date: 8th June 2019
We are looking for a Startup Marketing Manager responsible for the UK&I region, to join the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) marketing team at AWS.
The ideal candidate will have diverse experience developing marketing initiatives targeted towards entrepreneurs, founders, universities, investors, mentors, and service providers –focused on connecting complimentary parts of the startup ecosystem together to accelerate growth. This person will have experience building events, programs and campaigns to scale core AWS Startup messaging to broad audiences, using data-driven insights to optimize for impact. The candidate must have experience building strategic marketing plans, and will be able to define and defend his/her marketing plans to internal teams who will align to support the proposed strategy. They should be comfortable working in a matrixed organization and leveraging existing programs for regional impact, while also developing new startup marketing agendas in collaboration with sales and technical teams. A digital native, you will have proven successes around using social media as a “gravitational force”, leveraging online tools and communities to drive interest in AWS Cloud adoption.
We’re looking for candidates who are actively involved in the startup community, and who wants to interface directly with startup customers, A&Is and the VC community to build AWS mindshare. If you’re a tech-savvy marketing professional, who’s passionate about how the Cloud can transform industries, we’d like to meet you.
- Set and implement the annual Startup Marketing plan for UK&I.
- Liaise with marketing team, startup sales and business development to align goals and strategies.
- Generate interest and provide insight into the portfolio of AWS solutions to potential startup customers while evangelizing the AWS Startup Program and Startup use cases on the platform
- Capture and report on qualified startup leads in our CRM to ensure timely followup is taking place within agreed upon SLAs
- Set and implement broad-based digital communication campaigns to align with Startup Marketing strategies.
- Manage the development of compelling content for social media activities as well as manage the social media machine inside the AWS UK&I startup community.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness through AWS-hosted and third-party programs and events.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, and industry professionals within the UK&I startup segment; act as an ambassador for AWS within the community.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure quality, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of deliverables.
- Proven work experience as a Community Manager and/or Startup Marketing leader with good understanding of the Startup segment.
- Experience launching innovative community initiatives (e.g. building online communities, launching mentoring programs, creating new event series or startup activation initiatives).
- Experience leveraging 3rd party communities for brand-building
- Ability to define and track relevant marketing metrics and measurement to prove results and positive outcomes of investments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands.
- Ability to define and interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of online marketing, demand generation, and marketing channels.