10 months ago
As a Research Manager on the Market Insights team, you develop and implement Google’s marketing research vision. This research will inform future marketing strategy and help businesses to make the most of the web. You understand consumers, have analytical horsepower and business judgment and define and prioritize research projects that illustrate and support the impact of advertising and media. You have experience drafting surveys, constructing marketing tests and driving the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative studies. You support research stakeholders from sales, marketing and product teams, as well as manage relationships with external research agencies.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing insights and measuring the effectiveness of Google’s Brand and Reputation efforts across the EMEA region. You will be focused on equipping the business with data-driven insights that support our understanding of consumers. Given the expansive range of internal and external constituencies, you should be comfortable working, communicating and presenting at all levels. You will work cross functionally with many different teams such as Marketing, Policy, Communications etc.
You will develop and implement Google’s marketing research vision. You understand consumers, have analytical horsepower and business judgment and define and can prioritize research projects. You'll have experience of driving the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative studies. You will also support the research needs of Marketing stakeholders as well as manage relationships with external research agencies.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Manage and monitor on-going tracking studies for EMEA to understand shifts in core KPIs.
* Collate effectiveness measures defined for each campaign/program.
* Develop business-relevant conclusions from data and effectively communicate them via reporting for board level audience, including the design/development of reporting mechanics/dashboards.
* Design primary research projects where necessary to evaluate effectiveness/develop business critical insights.
* Drive innovation in methodological approach and maintain high standards in data quality and analysis, working with other Google offices across EMEA.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience of market research with strong customer-facing, consultative experience.
* Experience working with data and social analytics.
* Experience in consumer insights and advertising effectiveness research (including online advertising) and expertise with a wide variety of methodologies.
* Strong leadership skills, including proven project management skills across multi-country projects.