2 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Ability to speak and write in English and another language fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience with media or publishing companies (e.g., newspapers, magazines).
* Track record of building pipelines, interpreting and negotiating agreements, and executing under tight deadlines.
* Ability to comfortably interact with partners' and Google’s executive management.
* Ability to clarify and communicate complex issues for an executive audience with excellent communication skills.
About the job
Google's line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google's ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
The Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Global Products Partnerships News team manages Partnership agreements to support the growth of products such as Google News, News on Google Assistant, Subscribe with Google and Google Podcasts. In the process, we manage the relationship with news publishers and broadcasters, and find ways for them to reach new audiences via Google’s products. From managing our partner’s daily needs to introducing them to new business opportunities, our goal is to gather the world's information for our users.
As a Strategic Partnerships News Lead, you will manage relationships with publishers such as The Guardian, Financial Times, Telegraph, Time Inc and others, for the purpose of creating effective collaborations around our News products. We work with them to help them make the most of our distribution platforms. In this role, you will rely on effective business development and innovation.
Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The team partners with Publishers and App Developers of all sizes to promote their ad inventory, working with Google's broad range of partner solutions including AdSense, DoubleClick Platform Solutions and the Ad Exchange, across mobile, display, and video formats, helping our partners and their audiences get the most out of the web. In addition, the Partnerships team supports Google’s own product teams with essential partnerships to help power Google’s user experiences in search, maps, travel, shopping, payments and more.
* Maintain effective relationships with publishers and identify new opportunities to grow the their audience and business through our platforms (i.e., Google News, Google Assistant, Subscribe with Google, AMP and Podcasts).
* Negotiate and manage Subscribe with Google implementations in collaboration with Product and Marketing teams.
* Coordinate the launch of the upcoming experiences.
* Serve as a liaison with publishers regarding new product and feature launches, and distribution opportunities. Manage participation of publishers in new initiative.
* Represent UK News and Publishing products at a cross-functional level, working closely with Large Customer Sales (LCS), Large Partner Solutions (LPS), Marketing, News Lab, and Online Partnerships Group (OPG) teams.