3 months ago
Based in: London
Working with: Strategic Sales Team
Who we are
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 74,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa, India and other centres globally. Our clients span the private and public sectors, including Financial Services, Central Government, Utilities, Technology, Local Government and Insurance. The majority of our business involves the delivery of complex business transformations, customer service delivery and large scale ICT solutions. Interacting with some 35 million people across the UK on behalf of our clients, Capita concentrates on meeting each clients' specific objectives and challenges, utilising a wide range of in-house specialist resources and extensive capabilities, as well as working in partnership with a range of market leading third-parties.
Strategic Sales is focused on originating, shaping and closing the major deals for Capita and works closely with the Divisions. We are seeking to source, scope, design and – ultimately – win large, transformational outsourcing and technology deals. Working across the public and private sectors, and all industries, our team exists to build extraordinary value within our clients’ organisations. We work on contracts from a minimum of £25m to well in excess of £1bn, and many of the solutions that we create and deliver are both unique and genuinely ground-breaking. As the ‘engine room’ for growth we offer, to the very best and brightest individuals, the opportunity to work on some of the biggest, most complex and most creative deals in today’s market.
Purpose of role
To take leadership of and accountability for new, large and complex opportunities on behalf of the Capita Executive team, successfully adding new clients and capabilities to the Capita portfolio.
* Meet with clients to understand their challenges and identify creative ways in which Capita can help them
* Work with team colleagues to develop new/existing propositions
* Pitch outline propositions to clients
* Work creatively with clients and their teams to develop specific saleable and commercially viable proposals. This will include:
* Building trusted relationships with key stakeholders
* Using insight & analytics to help throw light on problems and opportunities
* Developing solutions that they buy into
* Working with team colleagues to develop costing/pricing models and a compelling commercial proposition
* Ensuring we have a credible and viable delivery/transformation plan
* Leading the overall pursuit team
* Transitioning roles and relationships to people who will have ongoing delivery roles
* Identify new capabilities, people and partners who can expand and strengthen Capita’s offer
* Manage internal stakeholders and obtain buy in to new opportunities
* Replicating the “sale” with new clients
Skills and Experience
* Has a consulting skill set but also sufficient presence to lead an engagement with a customer
* Builds and commands the respect of clients…the sort of person who they want in the room with them
* Not an out and out deal closer but someone who is confident enough and has sufficient gravitas to engage at the top table around a range of topics
* Has credibility when talking about solutions, commercial structures, change management etc.
* Good listener…able to pick up steers and insights from the customer and your own team
* High EQ…sensitive to the needs of all stakeholders and able to make everyone give of their best
* Clear analytical thinker and problem solver….able to use the data available to develop fresh insights and ideas
* Know your own strengths and weaknesses and works well with others to draw in support where necessary
* Can do, self-starter, good sense of humour, not too big an ego and all the other attributes that work well in our culture!
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent. Evidence of post graduate professional development is desirable but not essential.
Capita’s values are at the heart of our business. We believe that our colleagues should be Open, Ingenious, Collaborative and Effective; honest, straight-talking people who are highly intelligent and creative, who work brilliantly as part of a team or leading a team, and who never accept mediocrity. We’re looking for people that personify Capita’s values, who get involved in different things, deliver what they promise, take responsibility, embrace diversity, and respect their colleagues. And, most importantly, have fun!
We take a great deal of care to make sure you’re right for us – and that we’re right for you. Once we have reviewed your initial application, if we think you have the qualities that we need, we’ll invite you to the next stage. This will consist of some or all of the following steps, dependent upon the role for which you have applied:-
* Telephone interview – typically a 30-40 minute, informal discussion about your suitability
* Competency based interview – a face-to-face interview of around an hour with one of our team
* Technical interview – a chance for us to probe your technical expertise, with one of our internal subject matter experts
* Psychometric tests – for some posts, we’ll need to evaluate your personality, cognitive ability and critical thinking
We’re happy to make reasonable adjustments to all stages of the assessment process in order to accommodate the specific requirements of candidates with a disability.
Having a truly diverse workforce is essential for our success. We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic background, faith or disability.