11 days ago
Opening date for applications: 10th January 2019
Closing date for applications: 9th February 2019
Competitive salary applies
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Engineering, or similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working in a strategy and operations capacity within the online advertising space.
* Excellent communication skills with experience in communicating across all levels of an organization.
* Ability to lead complex operational and strategic cross functional initiatives.
* Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to see granular as well as big-picture challenges.
* Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills in a diverse team environment.
* Effective SQL skills.
About the job
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
As Product Go-to-Market team members, we are passionate about all things digital and want to shape the ever-changing world of online advertising. We are the link between Product and Sales at Google, transforming product innovations into successful client solutions and improving our products with market feedback.
The Strategy and Operations team is a key part of this organization. We define the strategic direction EMEA should take and we advocate for this direction with EMEA leadership in annual planning, ongoing trading and beyond. We co-define metrics and provide infrastructure at scale to track progress against goals and to help all relevant Googlers pull in the same direction. We take on challenging strategic projects and cross-functional programs to turn the strategy into reality.
Sales Operations is the global team that makes sure Google's complex and ever-evolving business runs smoothly. Experts in leading process improvements and consistency, team members are analytical and strategic with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done. They develop global initiatives and set high-level goals to improve productivity.
* Understand the performance business by assessing the market, customers and our products and by sourcing and interrogating available data.
* Apply your critical thinking, analytical skills and business knowledge to develop insightful and actionable recommendations.
* Bring insights, recommendations and action plans to all levels of the organization, and executives in both EMEA and globally.
* Drive implementation of agreed plans through your sound program management, exceptional collaboration and great problem solving capabilities.
* Optionally represent Google externally (e.g. industry conferences, agency) on key areas of expertise.