3 months ago
Strategy and Corporate Development Analyst – London
Strategy and Corporate Development Analyst – London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategy and Corporate Development Analyst to join our team based in London. This role provides a rare opportunity to join the Strategy and Corporate Development team, in a role that will have a broad scope providing support across all team activities.
As such, tasks will be varied and are likely to include helping to define and communicate the bank’s strategy, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of our strategy and business plans, contributing to the development of new strategic initiatives and projects, specific pieces of market analysis or intelligence, ad-hoc support to the Director of Strategy and/or CEO.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Strategy and Corporate Development Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Tracking and reporting on the delivery of the overall strategy and business plan as well as specific strategic initiatives; identifying deviation from projections and associated financial and business impacts/implications.
* Preparing performance assessments / updates for senior forums (Executive Committee / Board) requiring the interpretation of financial information for both Santander and its competitors.
* Preparing materials for internal and external audiences (e.g. internal conferences, senior leadership forums, rating agencies, regulators, investors…).
* Financial analysis and modelling of strategic projects and initiatives (including organic and inorganic activity)
* Supporting the governance and management of strategic projects and initiatives; identifying key deliverables and milestones, developing project plans etc., including assessing and minimising any risks of implementation.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Education to graduate level (or equivalent) required, post-graduate desirable.
* Sound knowledge of the financial services industry and macroeconomic and regulatory drivers gained from relevant business experience, either working on strategic projects in the financial services industry or in a consultancy firm (experience of working with mergers & acquisitions and fintech exposure desirable).
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills; proven ability to articulate theories and concepts to stakeholders at all levels (advanced level of PowerPoint, Excel).
* Strong analytical and planning skills; experience of financial modelling and project planning, coupled with strategic thinking: possessing proven skills in scenario building, hypothesis development etc...
* Stakeholder management skills; experience working with internal business and support functions as well as third parties to support delivery and execution of projects (including bidders/sellers, regulators, specialist lawyers, consultants, etc.).
Salary – Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.